• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Brakes?

Started by buck91, June 16, 2017, 09:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buck91

So our 2014 ExSport is in need of brakes before the end of summer.  80k on the oem brakes with great performance I wouldn't hesitate to go that route for replacement.

Shopping online, though, and I've found some amazing pricing on power stop "auto speciality" kits.  Now, I know these are the low end of the PS line but they get good reviews.  Can anybody comment on them in this application?  Are they worth it or do you just get what you pay for?

Sbouvia

I'm not sure about the auto specialty kit, but I really like the z37 top cop kit I got for the SHO. If this link works it is to their site for an explorer with heavy duty brakes, unsure what brakes you actually have. https://www.powerstop.com/product/power-stop-z37-kit/#y=2014&mk=FORD&mo=EXPLORER&ss=Heavy%20Duty%20Brakes%3B%20352mm%20(13.86)%20Front%20Rotors
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.
1991 F Super Duty 2.5 ton dump truck w/ 7.3IDI

66 Galaxie

How's the corrosion protecting coating doing on the power stop rotors?  Does it protect the edges and hub area?
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost