• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Wrapping the OEM intake

Started by TopherSho, June 14, 2017, 04:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Quote from: irondoor19 on October 25, 2017, 11:26:51 AM
SO what is the Temp Sensor in front of the Radiator Stack....?
(between the Grill and the Trans Cooler...)..?
Provides the outside temp you see on your head unit/Navi acreen

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Agentlongwood

Quote from: bpd1151 on October 25, 2017, 11:31:12 AM

Does the computer use that sensor for anything performance related?  I ask because mine is usually off by a good bit.  5-10 degrees sometimes.  For example, my weather app said 71 the other day and walking outside it sure felt like that.  The touchscreen in my car said 78 though.  It sure as heck didn't feel that warm at the time.  I have also seen mine change by 5-10 degrees in just a few seconds for apparently no reason.  Steady speed highway driving and bam, 8 degree temp change on that screen lol.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

bpd1151

Nope. No performance aspects related.

ZSHO

Quote from: Agentlongwood on October 25, 2017, 04:20:09 PM
Quote from: bpd1151 on October 25, 2017, 11:31:12 AM

Does the computer use that sensor for anything performance related?  I ask because mine is usually off by a good bit.  5-10 degrees sometimes.  For example, my weather app said 71 the other day and walking outside it sure felt like that.  The touchscreen in my car said 78 though.  It sure as heck didn't feel that warm at the time.  I have also seen mine change by 5-10 degrees in just a few seconds for apparently no reason.  Steady speed highway driving and bam, 8 degree temp change on that screen lol.
It sounds like its your AMBIENT TEMP SENSOR -(AU5Z12A647B) $10.78 ea.  Z
But is it really worth the hassle to change it!  Meh!!
http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=2603322&cc=1503823&jsn=548&jsn=548

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Yup, good ole AAT.  Works in combination with the incabin temp sensor in the driverside dash.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

It's also not uncommon for that sensor to provide innacuarate readings, especially for those who have aftermarket grilles. The sun beaming directly onto will cause that.

Also, that sensor has a tendency to become dirty, clogged, etc. particularly in those parts of the country that apply road salt did I g the winter months.

ZSHO

X3- some preventative maintenance is in store in having both sensors cleaned inside/out. 
I used a can of air cleaner for the inside cabin sensor which worked quite well. dust- dust.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|