• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2014 SHO with PP - brake pads

Started by donky4444, April 10, 2017, 03:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donky4444

I am working on ordering pads right now and the question is do the front pads have the piston clip or spring clip?  I know my 11 didn't have the clips on the pads.  I just ordered Carbotech pads for street use and that was one of the questions they had for ordering them.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

MiWiAu

Quote from: donky4444 on April 10, 2017, 03:02:57 PM
I am working on ordering pads right now and the question is do the front pads have the piston clip or spring clip?  I know my 11 didn't have the clips on the pads.  I just ordered Carbotech pads for street use and that was one of the questions they had for ordering them.

I have a 2013 XSport, but I'm pretty sure my brake components are the same as yours.

Front pads use the spring/anti-rattle clips in the caliper mounting bracket (see image below).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

donky4444

Quote from: MiWiAu on April 10, 2017, 03:31:30 PM
Quote from: donky4444 on April 10, 2017, 03:02:57 PM

I have a 2013 XSport, but I'm pretty sure my brake components are the same as yours.

Front pads use the spring/anti-rattle clips in the caliper mounting bracket (see image below).

Thank you.  Their questions was clips that are attached to the pad backing plate.  My guess is they don't but I haven't had my 2014 apart to confirm.

Thank you for responding so quick.

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

MiWiAu

I did not have springs on my pads/backing plates. I did have thin metal shims, though. My EBC pads came with new shims, but I had to order all the spring clips separately.

2013 XSport

donky4444

The answer is that yes the pads have spring clips on them. They help pull the pads away from the rotor when you let off the brake. My new Carbotech pads don't have the clips on them so now I need to find out if that will negatively affect me. I put them on yesterday.

avidmotion

My 2013 pp SHO had the clips. I ordered EBC RK rotors and yellowstuff pads, the pads came with the clips.
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.