• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Speed Difference - 10 MPH Higher at all Speeds.

Started by irondoor19, June 13, 2017, 10:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmr061

I did an IDS session for a 2010 Taurus SHO and there are programmable settings for Tire Size and Gear Ratio for the PCM.  I would check those to make sure they are correct for your vehicle and still not set at the donor vehicle.

By ECU you do mean PCM correct? 
Jason
16 Edge Sport

irondoor19

Quote from: SHOdded on June 15, 2017, 10:50:03 AM
So not a fixed mph lag.  About 12% off.  This the GPS on your phone? Ford's GPS is known to need recalibration sometimes.

All in all i say the IPC needs recalibration.

We Used a Separate TOM TOM GPS, We are on the Phone with the Dealer NOW
Wow these Guys can be difficult, trying to get them to do it For FREE.. Ya right
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

AJP turbo

The used ECU would've bothered the hell out of me
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

irondoor19

Quote from: jmr061 on June 15, 2017, 12:19:11 PM
I did an IDS session for a 2010 Taurus SHO and there are programmable settings for Tire Size and Gear Ratio for the PCM.  I would check those to make sure they are correct for your vehicle and still not set at the donor vehicle.

yes we mean PCM.....

jmr061

Quote from: irondoor19 on June 15, 2017, 01:35:16 PM

yes we mean PCM.....

Def make sure the tire/speed related settings available in iDS match your vehicle then and not the donor.  Calibration of the IPC firmware isn't going to fix a mismatch for that.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason
16 Edge Sport

jmr061

Jason
16 Edge Sport

irondoor19

Quote from: jmr061 on June 15, 2017, 01:36:40 PM
Quote from: irondoor19 on June 15, 2017, 01:35:16 PM

yes we mean PCM.....

Def make sure the tire/speed related settings available in iDS match your vehicle then and not the donor.  Calibration of the IPC firmware isn't going to fix a mismatch for that.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOO i make an assumption that this is Dealer Only... We yelled at them Enough, They
Said: Bring it in....Leave it for a Day.... We will Get to it... AND this was after the Service
Writer, the Chief Mech, and the Floor Cleaner (ALL SAID, We must have screwed it up)
SO We yelled at the Parts Manager (The Guy that SOLD me the Engine, ETC 5K worth)...

SHOdded

I thought it could be set by tuning devices as well.  Maybe not at the enduser level, but certainly by the person/company tuning it?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

irondoor19

Quote from: SHOdded on June 15, 2017, 01:54:25 PM
I thought it could be set by tuning devices as well.  Maybe not at the enduser level, but certainly by the person/company tuning it?

Well Then I will Check w the Tuner, When we get the SCT back..anything is better
than dealing with the Dealer (my head hurts)....

jmr061

That's what I don't understand about dealers....you have an issue with work they did and yet they are rude to you.  Its perfectly fine to ask questions about what they did or didn't do.  Especially when you spent that much money.

Those are settings that should have been verified before releasing it back to the customer.  The reply should be we set/checked those settings or no we did not verify that, bring it in and we will quick hook up and check.
Jason
16 Edge Sport

AJP turbo

I would show them the screen shot that JMR posted make sure those are correct first..Something is weird that it is off initially.I would want it correct when the car is stock right?...I feel like trying to fix it with a tune is not the right thing to do...No reason it shouldn't be correct at this moment
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

So you are saying a tuner can't change these values in the PCM?  Or the tuner can only "mask" the PCM values?  Then yeah, the dealer, or a shop that runs IDS, is the only resort.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

irondoor19

OK:

so the dealer gave it a go... NO Dice.. The computer will not allow the changes to be made,
the system is smart enough to lock out any change, conflict between brains, so the ECU must
be from an identical car, otherwise FU.... Back to the drawing board, and Prob back to swapping ECU's...
and another round of flashing...YIKES

jmr061

I am not sure I follow.  Hooking the vehicle and reading it with IDS would populate the fields shown with whatever values were there.  Were they correct or were they wrong.  If they were wrong and the correct values for your vehicle refused to write there is a situation described in the vehicle information available to the dealer via OASIS in which this will occur.  The PCM only allows these values to be written a limited amount of times before it requires a full reflash.

Do you have the VIN of the vehicle it came from?  If you do I can tell you what those values are as it left the factory. 
Jason
16 Edge Sport

irondoor19

At this stage of the Game We are at the Mercy of the DEALER..

I do have the original ECU for the 2011, (installed in the 2010) and
ON Tuesday we will see if we have the currently installed 2011 ECU VIN...

this whole thing got jumbled (my fault), and we have been thru 2 Dealers to get to this point..

I will get this Pile of ^%$* solved...AND if shoveling money at it is what i have to do

SO BE IT..