• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Power for meth gauge

Started by Skydogs, November 21, 2017, 07:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skydogs

Hey guys meth all on working great! I tide in the meth controller on the inside fuse panel number 46 but the gauge is staying on all the time? What fuse do I want to use that turns off when the car is off?
Thank you so much
Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned

ZSHO

I used Slot #31 under the (Drivers Side) fuse compartment under the driver dash.  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6964.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Skydogs

Thank you no power there on mine... lol I used the heated steering wheel.
Boost and meth life!!

SHOdded

Interesting, since you also have a 2013 SHO with the Perf Pkg, #31 in the pass fuse box should have been a 5A spare (10A spare in 2010-12 SHO).  The heated steering wheel fuse is #36 (10A) if anyone wants to use it as well on their 2013+.  On 2010-12, that is used for PATS, the fuse box setup is a bit different.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: Skydogs on November 21, 2017, 09:00:01 PM
Multi-contour seats ?  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I gotta have my Heated steering wheel! No compromises!
It could be an earlier build date.
Mine is a 11/12 .  Z

derfdog15

Look for something like a radio power, or anything that is ACC power (power when keyed on, but cuts power when off). To test it, you need to have key off, check that there is no power, then key on, check that there is power, then key off and check that the power is once again non-existent. I believe for my gauges, I tied directly into one of the sources powering the radio, since I ran all my wires from behind the radio, when the radio came on (key on, or up to ~10 minutes after key off - if the door didnt open) the gauge stayed worked. Once the radio was off, so was the gauge. Worked well for me.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

Skydogs

Quote from: ZSHO on November 21, 2017, 11:22:12 PM
Multi-contour seats ?  Z

Yes
Boost and meth life!!