• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SHO firewall pass-thru

Started by ForSHO, June 08, 2017, 08:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForSHO

So, i get this JMS boostmax, and they have vids and manuals on how to install. But lo and behold all the freakin instructions are for an f150. Turds.

In the f150 vid, they have a giant grommot you can pass through, np. But of course there is no mention of the SHO. I mean, who whould ever want to mod a SHO? PFFT.

ANY idea on where there's a passthru on the SHO? TIA!

SHOdded

You will likely find it in the same place as on a Flex, and that is demonstrated in one of Lanson's audio builds.  Glock-coma had also posted pics at one point IIRC,  hope he chimes in :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

Take the top off where your window wipers are there is a gromet you can cut into and run it down there that was my quick way of doing it you will need a window wipers puller I had to buy it online

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

glock-coma

Get yourself one of these to save your windshield.

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOdded

glock comes thru as always!  :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

Quote from: glock-coma on June 08, 2017, 08:47:06 PM
Get yourself one of these to save your windshield.

Did you go thru the gromet or drilled a hole?

glock-coma

There's a false wall before the firewall. So I had to drill and run a grommet through that. Then I went into the cabin through that large rubber boot. I slit a small hole near the top and sealed it with industrial silicon.
You may be able to snake a small wire through the plastic raceway that goes from the under hood fuse box to that rubber boot.

glock-coma

I recall someone mentioning there is a grommet near the steering shaft pass through but I'm not sure.

SHOdded

ForSHO

I think I will be returning the product. Thank you all for the comments!

TopherSho

Quote from: ForSHO on June 08, 2017, 09:35:16 PM
I think I will be returning the product. Thank you all for the comments!

Get yourself a LMS calibrator an tune and or the local super hero AJPturbo :) takes more logging and work BUT you will be **WAY** happier with the customization's and reliability.

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

ForSHO

Look folks, I have a 64  El Camino. 454 engine. I don't wanna jack up my SHO too much, otherwise,  s*** starts to break. Abything more than some casual boosts is car-suicide. You guys doing all of these massive mods;  your car won't last long. You need to upgrade the entire drivetrain first,  if that is even possible. 

Back to the topic, i dug trough a gommot under the wiper area. I see aomeone has recommended a part to pull the wipers, but I already had a bearing puller. Got that off, shoved a wore hanger through the existing wire harness gommot, and got the wire through.

FYI, i gained 1 second from 20mph-60mph using JMS. although it feels the same, but wtf kids. It's a FAMILY SEDAN.

TopherSho

Quote from: ForSHO on June 09, 2017, 10:12:51 PM
Look folks, I have a 64  El Camino. 454 engine. I don't wanna jack up my SHO too much, otherwise,  s*** starts to break. Abything more than some casual boosts is car-suicide. You guys doing all of these massive mods;  your car won't last long. You need to upgrade the entire drivetrain first,  if that is even possible.

lol,  you can't judge the platform based on a questionable JMS pasthrough.  The 6t75 based PTU can handle *almost* anything the 3.5EB can put out with stock snails.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Gjkrisa

Quote from: ForSHO on June 09, 2017, 10:12:51 PM

Back to the topic, i dug trough a gommot under the wiper area. I see aomeone has recommended a part to pull the wipers, but I already had a bearing puller. Got that off, shoved a wore hanger through the existing wire harness gommot, and got the wire through.

FYI, i gained 1 second from 20mph-60mph using JMS. although it feels the same, but wtf kids. It's a FAMILY SEDAN.
Give the ecu time to learn also closest to 93 octane it opens up on 91 I'm starting to lose traction on hard starts and I was getting torque steer wol in the 20-50mph area in the first know I had it but that has gone now didn't have torque set up right during those time too see if I just had better quality gas or what.

But I see where this may shine more is having it with a tune because all this knob does is control boost from what I have seen I emailed jms  no response as to what it does how it works