• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Stock, upgraded stock, or ATP turbos ??

Started by 68_GT, June 06, 2017, 04:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Will

Quote from: 68_GT on June 13, 2017, 02:42:20 PM
is this all the CHRA is ?? basically replacing these internal sections ? I assume install is self explanatory or easy with the motor out ?

yes, but I am fairly confident that you should have your turbos balanced after the install. 
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

polskifacet

Quote from: J-Will on February 27, 2018, 04:12:53 PM
is this all the CHRA is ?? basically replacing these internal sections ? I assume install is self explanatory or easy with the motor out ?

yes, but I am fairly confident that you should have your turbos balanced after the install.

If the CHRA comes as an assembly its balanced from the manufacturer. Better question is do the upgraded CHRA require tuning?
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

SHO9987

Quote from: polskifacet on February 27, 2018, 10:09:54 PM
Quote from: J-Will on February 27, 2018, 04:12:53 PM

If the CHRA comes as an assembly its balanced from the manufacturer. Better question is do the upgraded CHRA require tuning?

When I upgraded the center sections I got the upgraded wastegates from Mike as well.  With both the CHRAs and the wastegates Brad had to make quite a few adjustments to get the car running smooth.  These upgraded CHRAs move a lot of air (I suppose the heavier wastegate springs help with this), but I think it would be silly not to tune for the upgraded CHRAs.
2013 SHO Non-PP, Catless DPs, Custom 2.5" exhaust, Airraid CAI, Stock Turbo Upgrades, snow - W/M system, custom tune

Spyder3000gtvr4

What's the end results with the epp chra? I can't find any actual performance data. I'm looking to upgrade and would love to know the actual results of these before deciding between these and ATP. I'm leaning towards these based on price and mileage on my Sho.
Kik: Spyder3000gtvr4

Got my Sho deciding to make it a DD or use it for my tube chassis build :)

TripleFlexxx

Quote from: Spyder3000gtvr4 on April 22, 2018, 08:15:14 PM
What's the end results with the epp chra? I can't find any actual performance data. I'm looking to upgrade and would love to know the actual results of these before deciding between these and ATP. I'm leaning towards these based on price and mileage on my Sho.

Thats like comparing apples and oranges.  What are your power goals?

Spyder3000gtvr4

Well I'm looking for more of actual numbers for the epp chra as I can't find the actual expected power gains. Without actual data it's just "hey it's faster" Livernois and atp tells you roughly what each thing adds.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: derfdog15 on February 27, 2018, 12:57:32 PM
Quote from: Macgyver on February 26, 2018, 08:04:00 PM
Its always good to discuss and reread thing from the past that got us here to today.

My question is. Just because you can. Doesnt mean you should.

Why not install the ATP total upgrade turbos. Run them at a Daily Driver known power rating so you dont break things. Isnt that better for the Turbo's and maybe some other components to be run conservatively but keep the car in the Low 12's so its a blast to drive. I know it costs more but why not?

If you only want a mid 12s to low 12s car, you dont even need the turbo upgrade necessarily.

This right here...

The Bronze SHO ran a DA corrected 12.35 with nothing but Brad's tune and E45 running just 15 PSI so there was room for more boost.

The Lincoln with full E85 and 14 PSI "feels" as fast as the 15. We shall see.

Macgyver

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on May 03, 2018, 11:45:22 AM
Quote from: derfdog15 on February 27, 2018, 12:57:32 PM
Quote from: Macgyver on February 26, 2018, 08:04:00 PM
Its always good to discuss and reread thing from the past that got us here to today.

My question is. Just because you can. Doesnt mean you should.

Why not install the ATP total upgrade turbos. Run them at a Daily Driver known power rating so you dont break things. Isnt that better for the Turbo's and maybe some other components to be run conservatively but keep the car in the Low 12's so its a blast to drive. I know it costs more but why not?

If you only want a mid 12s to low 12s car, you dont even need the turbo upgrade necessarily.

This right here...

The Bronze SHO ran a DA corrected 12.35 with nothing but Brad's tune and E45 running just 15 PSI so there was room for more boost.

The Lincoln with full E85 and 14 PSI "feels" as fast as the 15. We shall see.

Thats sorta what I am saying. Just because you can. Doesnt mean you should.

I will be finding out soon enough too.

Spyder3000gtvr4

Ok so nobody has any actual data for the gains of the chra? I'm going to need to order turbo stuff ASAP and hoping these are in the middle of stock and the atp so 100-125hp

ToMang07

Bumping because I'd love to see data myself.
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

EcoPowerParts

I replied to other threads with data.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts