• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Engine/Transmission Mounts

Started by dubcitySHO, May 28, 2017, 10:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubcitySHO

Are there any aftermarket mounts available for the transverse 3.5EB?  I haven't been able to find any. 

Seeing how far our engines flex during dyno sessions show progress could be made with a more solid constuction mount or higher durometer bushing.
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

SHOdded

None that I know of either, readily available or custom.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

Some of the hockey puck style mounts can be filled with 3M window weld

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UtBfMwb4034
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Macgyver

This stuff is way better. You can select your hardness. Cut out as much excess rubber as you can. Follow the Youtube videos on this type of Mod.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/diymmi

dubcitySHO

Interesting....I may scavenge the local junk yards for a set to hack up and fill.
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

Macgyver

I did this on my 2014 Nismo Juke RS.

Cut the excess Rubber out. Brake Clean it. Duct tape on the underside of the Mount. Kitty litter in a box. Pour in the Urethane. Monitor the level of the Urethane and top off / adjust the levelness of the mount in the kitty litter. It takes a while for it to cure so dont just pour and forget about it.

The lower pic is the duct tape side after curing.

SHOdded

But ... But ... did it work?  What was the difference ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

dubcitySHO

Quote from: SHOdded on May 29, 2017, 06:55:16 AM
But ... But ... did it work?  What was the difference ...

My last 2 vehicles before the SHO, I had aftermarket mounts in, and it held the engine and transmission more stable, but the flip side I got a lot more vibration through the chassis.  They were both manual transmission cars. I don't know if an automatic would change that outcome at all.  I don't see why it would, the energy has to go somewhere though.

Macgyver

It worked on my Juke. Made the car drive better. Handle better. Respond to throttle input faster. Trade off as mentioned above is more cabin noise.

I cannot say what this will do to a SHO as the mounts are in different locations and are different design. I was just offering a different way to do them that works really well.

Buy a used or new set of mounts. Mod/Urethane them. Then you can swap them out for Long trips, Servicing, etc with the unmodded mounts.

Macgyver

Finally had a chance to Dyno tune my Juke with Modded engine mounts.

I think this would be a worth while mod for the guys trying to get their 60' times better. It might eliminate some of the wheel hop as well. It eliminates it all in the Juke but that is a 6 speed manual and a totally different platform.

https://youtu.be/Fw8N-8eDssY