• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

First SHO With Direct Port Methanol injection!!

Started by ZSHO, May 25, 2017, 05:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Bit of a Pita so far but @ least the weather is complying!
New Condenser and Gasket o-ring seal kit installed today. Z

BA5Z-19712-A - Condenser Assembly

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-condenser-asy_ba5z-19712-a.html?Vin=1FAHP2KT5DG183206&Filter=()&Location=air-conditioning-condenser-compressor,,19712

9W7Z-19B596-A  - 1/2"  Seal Kit: Includes Gasket & O-Ring Condenser Assy   

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-kit_9w7z-19b596-a.html?Vin=1FAHP2KT5DG183206&Filter=()

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Gearhead Intercooler installed today and new Condenser/Gasket o-ring seal kit-ambient temp sensor accompanied by some complimentary busted knuckles!  :wounded:   

I must say the GH-IC is a much heavier constructed solid unit when compared to the OEM-IC unit and well worth its weight in gold.  :)
Once again :bigthanx: to Matt over @ Gearhead for the upgraded Intercooler!  :)
I was able to take out the Redhead for a Spirited run today after install and will keep my post very limited as far as performance goes!

Time slips to follow! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

AJP turbo

Quote from: ZSHO on May 22, 2019, 06:57:30 PM
Gearhead Intercooler installed today and new Condenser/Gasket o-ring seal kit-ambient temp sensor accompanied with some complimentary busted knuckles!  :wounded:   

I must say the GH-IC is a much heavier constructed solid piece when compared to the OEM IC unit and well worth its weight in gold.  :)
I was able to take out the Redhead for a Spirited run today after install and will keep my post limited as far as performance goes!

Time slips to follow! Z

Awesome Z...Your car does not lack fancy parts. Did you look into or inquire about a tune update from LMS for the intercooler?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on May 22, 2019, 11:16:59 PM
Gearhead Intercooler installed today and new Condenser/Gasket o-ring seal kit-ambient temp sensor accompanied with some complimentary busted knuckles!  :wounded:   

I must say the GH-IC is a much heavier constructed solid piece when compared to the OEM IC unit and well worth its weight in gold.  :)
I was able to take out the Redhead for a Spirited run today after install and will keep my post limited as far as performance goes!

Time slips to follow! Z

Awesome Z...Your car does not lack fancy parts. Did you look into or inquire about a tune update from LMS for the intercooler?
Not to much can be adjusted besides the wastegates.Thanks buddy. Z

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on May 22, 2019, 11:16:59 PM

Time slips to follow! Z

This literally made me laugh....to date they still haven't had a SHO with an upgraded IC on their rollers to tune it. And have flat out refused to remote tune for it. I sent logs from an SCT device and their device... was told they will only tune for it on their rollers...

Good luck Z! Maybe another trip to LMS in your future for proper tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

I just wanna see the Redhead hit 11.5's in the 1/4, all day!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

To be fair I know there have been several members with this newly released IC and something that LMS should address hopefully in due time.
I also know the Dyno has been backed up for quite some time now with no readily appts available AFAIK! Z

ZSHO

FWIW Here are a couple of PICS of the previous Fomoco OEM Intercooler & Condenser Assembly! Z

craigtone

Is ZSHO still around?  Looking for help on a direct-port meth injection ...
2015 SHO (non-PP) - Off-Road DPs, K&N Intake, OBX Catback, GH AO Tune, Aux Trans Cooler, H&R Springs, PP Shocks, PI Brakes, ScanGauge 2, Amsoil Fluids

Macgyver

Quote from: craigtone on January 07, 2022, 04:58:13 PM
Is ZSHO still around?  Looking for help on a direct-port meth injection ...

It is a lot easier to do a single port in front of the throttle body as you probably already know.

SHOdded

haven't seen Z around for quite a while.  i will try to contact him, but can't make any promises ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!