• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

First SHO With Direct Port Methanol injection!!

Started by ZSHO, May 25, 2017, 05:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

So if he gets pulled over on the way home the cops have no idea ;-) Safe travels Z!!!

StealBlueSho

On a serious note however.... did they give you any indication if the port injection allowed them to get more power out of the kit since the meth is more evenly distributed? Or is it more a CYA at this point?

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 28, 2017, 06:19:17 PM
On a serious note however.... did they give you any indication if the port injection allowed them to get more power out of the kit since the meth is more evenly distributed? Or is it more a CYA at this point?
IIRC Minimal gains were expected with the new Direct port setup.
But it does allow you to run a safer more reliable and effective Tune since the new setup allows for an equal amount methanol to be evenly dispersed in each port/cylinder. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

J-Will

Do they test/ adjust at each cylinder at all after they drill/ tap the manifold?  Or do they assume that the block evenly distributes 6 different ways?
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

ZSHO

My SHO was petty much a test vehicle for the newly developed Direct port setup and found out in the later stages of the install that some additional components were needed for install such as an Alky solenoid and module/line/compressor fittings in order for the Methanol to travel accordingly through each port. Z
I will try to post some pics of the solenoid/module.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TopherSho

Quote from: ZSHO on May 30, 2017, 12:35:05 PM
My SHO was petty much a test vehicle for the newly developed Direct port setup and found out in the later stages of the install that some additional components were needed for install such as an Alky solenoid and module/line/compressor fittings in order for the Methanol to travel accordingly through each port. Z
I will try to post some pics of the solenoid/module.

I'm loving the 1 screw 3-bar ;)

Looking pretty dam slick though, i eagerly await your break in and initial runs..
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

StealBlueSho

That MY SHO only had one screw... the other side is a post..

Vortech347

Quote from: TopherSho on May 30, 2017, 04:27:37 PM

I'm loving the 1 screw 3-bar ;)

Looking pretty dam slick though, i eagerly await your break in and initial runs..

My 13' only has one screw on the MAP sensor as well. 
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

panther427

His sleeper has a sleeper mod. Excellent addition to your car
2013 SHO

MKspool

I believe aqua mist has the most advanced Controller and part configuration for direct port on direct injected engines. Might want to check out how they're system works too see if it can help you dial it in.

I plan on putting their system on my mks soon.
2014 MKS | 3 bar 93p Torrie tuned | Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ |

ZSHO

Quote from: MKspool on June 01, 2017, 12:21:50 AM
I believe aqua mist has the most advanced Controller and part configuration for direct port on direct injected engines. Might want to check out how they're system works too see if it can help you dial it in.

@MKspool Please educate me how more advanced part configuration aqua mist has!!!!!!! Since my SHO was a Test vehicle for this new setup. Z

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on June 01, 2017, 07:11:18 AM
Quote from: MKspool on June 01, 2017, 12:21:50 AM

@MKspool Please educate me how more advanced part configuration aqua mist has!!!!!!! Since my SHO was a Test vehicle for this new setup. Z

Subscribed for this one....

ZSHO

Here is a quick summary/recap after a weeks time with the newly Direct Port injection Setup!!!
The car is absolutely a (Beast)and cant wait to finally get her to the Track and have it unleashed,"Time Slips" to follow. ;)
These are the items that are needed to complete the install for anyone interested.

6 M-15 Nozzles and 6 Adapter's for Direct Port Methanol Plumbing.
6 Cylinder Tubing Kit with B-Nuts and Sleeves.
1 IN 6 Out Distribution Block.
1/8 NPT X 3/16 Compression Fitting.
Alky Solenoid/Module,Line and Fittings.

The Alky Solenoid/Module acts as a Check Valve which progresses the way the Methanol is to Travel into the Direct Port Lines.

I have been working with Julio from Alky control which has been IMHO a True pleasure to Deal with,especially with his Customer Service and Support is by far second to none in conjunction with LMS on installing and adding an additional 7TH INJECTOR at the outlet of the (intercooler) which will provide lower air charge temps prior to the intake manifold and IAT sensor.

I will have more information once it is readily available once completed and installed since my SHO was a Test vehicle on this Platform. Z

FWIW I know their are similar Kits readily available from Pro-Meth and others but they DO NOT Include/provide many of the items mentioned above in order to complete this new Direct Port Setup. Z

StealBlueSho

jbeez

That's sexy

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 PP SHO Darkside Metallic
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas