• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Blown shock

Started by Agent502, May 21, 2017, 10:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent502

Was curious of the opinions here on the stock Ford shocks, if there are better aftermarket ones I should consider, or the benefits of changing to coil overs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Unfortunately no direct replacement options for SHO/MKS aftermarket that will measure up from the aftermarket.  Normally I would recommend coilovers (assuming you don't have really poor surface conditions), but the MKS suspension is a bit different from the SHO, and am not familiar with that.  I think you would be the first coilovers ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

pmezo33

Only options i found when shopping for struts/shocks were motorcraft, kyb, monroe, and cheap no name ebay brands.  All just shocks.

I went with the motorcrafts again.

Agent502

Quote from: SHOdded on May 22, 2017, 06:01:22 AM
Unfortunately no direct replacement options for SHO/MKS aftermarket that will measure up from the aftermarket.  Normally I would recommend coilovers (assuming you don't have really poor surface conditions), but the MKS suspension is a bit different from the SHO, and am not familiar with that.  I think you would be the first coilovers ...

I live in Ohio and between the snow and whatnot, our roads are s***, nearly all year round.

What about the shock that can be adjusted, I remember there being some we could adjust for racing and everyday driving, any experience there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk