• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"How- To" SCT Livelink datalog

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 31, 2013, 05:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Originally posted by CoreyMS

IF YOUR NOT DATALOGGING, HOW DO YOU KNOW YOUR ECOBOOST VEHICLE IS RUNNING RIGHT?

I get a lot of questions about this and it's time everyone knows how. Datalogging via the SCT Livelink program is pretty straight forward. It has a guide me function that shows you what to do, but once you've done it a couple times you realize it's not hard. This first post will show how to setup the datalogging via a laptop connected in the vehicle. I generally do not follow the guide me functions, it is just redundant.

To start, download SCT Livelink Gen II
http://www.sctflash.com/software/LiveLink_GenII.exe

Some functions can be done with the X3/SF3 connected to the computer without the vehicle, we will continue to that later.

So, you have your laptop connected via USB cable to the SCT device and the SCT device connected to your OBD-II port. Lets try to connect it. Turn the key on, OR start the vehicle.

Click "check communications". Once it connects it should look like that.

IF you are having a problem communicating disconnect everything, the SCT from the truck, the USB from the computer and the SCT, then reconnect it all and try again.
Also, in bad cases you may need to restart your computer. The drivers should install when you connect it. If you can update your tunes via "SCT Device Updater" then you should have all the drivers.

Once you get communications, Click "Vehicle Info"

If this is your first time, "Validate all PID's". Then "Select Items".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since we are limited here on how many pictures per thread, multiple posts will be needed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you select your items to log.

I have created a configuration file to make this easy, we will get to that soon.

Next, click "Configure Datalog"

The logging screen will come up. To start logging click the "start" button.

To "Stop"

If you start a second one, it will prompt you to save your datalog. Alternatively, you can click the file tab top left and go to save as, and select datalog.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________

For ease of having to select your parameters I have created this Configuration file.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28632738/DLFConfig.cf4

To load a configuration file,

If it asks to merge this configuration with what is already selected click no.

Now, what if you don't have a laptop but you still want to datalog. The X3/SF3 has this ability, but the normal files that come with it are worthless on the Eco. Bring your device to your computer and load Livelink. You will need to load this configuration file, just as before. The difference is to be able to do this on device, the max number of parameters is 20. So I made a different configuration for you.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28632738/DLFConfig.cf4

Load this configuration. Now, we need to Export a DLF file to our device.

Now you should be able to use the device alone to datalog, then return to the computer and Import the data, button just under export DLF.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Needmoreboost

Thanks for this as I owe Torrie some logs.  Don't bother logging with just the device as the data is useless.  fyi

Might get on this now.   :bow:
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

painterpatt

You have to use laptop to get load dont you. I'm getting knock under med accel. And Torrie couldnt read the email from sct
Koolaid drinkin, Flex drivin !!

painterpatt

And how do I do that ? New to this datalog stuff sorry
Koolaid drinkin, Flex drivin !!

breeves002

Thanks for posting this! I am getting my SCT X3 tomorrow and am excited to use these great features :)
SHO Lover and Advanced Diagnostics Enthusiast
2008 Mercury Sable Premier - 3.5L N/A Duratec

Needmoreboost

Originally posted by CoreyMS

IF YOUR NOT DATALOGGING, HOW DO YOU KNOW YOUR ECOBOOST VEHICLE IS RUNNING RIGHT?

Pretty important step for everyone running tunes.  Any tune emailed to you originally is a CANNED tune.  FYI
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

melc

Quote from: Needmoreboost on August 07, 2013, 09:39:35 AMIF YOUR NOT DATALOGGING, HOW DO YOU KNOW YOUR ECOBOOST VEHICLE IS RUNNING RIGHT?

Very good point!! I have the following questions I am hoping to get help on.

- Is there a site that will help me understand what these PID readings mean? Example on my datalog would be a Knock Sensor reading range of -.025 to 0.75 (Good, Bad??) or a Spark Advance reading range of 3.5 - 47.5.

- Which PID are vital to datalog?

I just recently installed Torrie's W/M kit and get some logging done for him but I am really curious what my vehicle is telling me in those logs.

Thanks,
2011 Black SHO PP
Livernois and Unleashed 91 octane tunes
Unleashed W/M system
Auxiliary trans cooler
AirAid CAI Eiback Springs LED lamps inside

EcoBrick Bob

I have been datalogging since 2010 and the new LiveLink II is by far the LEAST friendly of all the SCT logging software.  The only advantage it has is that you can log more than 18 parameters at a time.  The descriptions of the actual parameters are different than the earlier "easy to understand" names.  These new LLII names are all based on specific formulas.  Also, it won't allow me to add an analog item or more (A/F from my wide-band Innovate) when I used it with my G8.  Talked with the SCT programmer who developed this back in early August and she was also surprised.  Agreed there are lots of "bugs" to work out.  I went back to LiveLink 6.5 which I find easier to use.  However all Livelink versions have their issues...
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

FiveLeeter918

Hey Mike, sorry for bringing back the dead, but do you still have these config files available? The DB link seems to be dead.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

sho in pdx

Can I get that config file as well?