• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Custom cold air intake for transverse 3.5L V6 (SHO/Flex/Explorer Sport etc)

Started by EcoPowerParts, May 23, 2017, 08:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FearlessAZ

Mike, will there be a plastic option? I'm just thinking about the heat here and how that would affect the metal pipes. Could always use heat reflecting material/foam though so not necessarily a problem.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: FearlessAZ on May 26, 2017, 11:20:32 AM
Mike, will there be a plastic option? I'm just thinking about the heat here and how that would affect the metal pipes. Could always use heat reflecting material/foam though so not necessarily a problem.
Nope, I don't have the $50K+++ to get those molds done, sorry. The reality is under full spool there's no time to heat the air from testing I did with my RAISS intake back in the day for the Impala SS
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

FearlessAZ

I figured it would be up there in cost. Good to know it wont hurt out here in this "dry heat"
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

Josephm

Really curious to see what the intake does power wise. Definitely consider the meth tank as it makes installation almost done. Unpowdered coated, the cost will be how much? 200$ more than other cold air intakes would be like 550-600?
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

EcoPowerParts

We'll see, still working on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

EcoPowerParts

Still working on this, the heat has everything delayed here, for some reason my fab guy doesn't want to work in his garage in the heat.... :D
www.ecopowerparts.com -

HuskerSHO

16 loaded SHO no pp, no performance mods yet all ascetics at this point.

HuskerSHO

EcoPowerParts

Got the prototype back, need to test for and then order some

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

www.ecopowerparts.com -

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jbrown9999

Excited to see it and hear how it works out.  I hate the bends in the OEM intake and adding a simple place to add a Meth setup seems like a BRILLILANT idea.
Best part of all is I LITERALLY just made my last alimony payment today, so cash will be loosening up after I deal with Christmas.
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

avidmotion

Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

HuskerSHO

jbrown9999

2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod