• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Custom cold air intake for transverse 3.5L V6 (SHO/Flex/Explorer Sport etc)

Started by EcoPowerParts, May 23, 2017, 08:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

In looking at the cold air intake for the Explorer Sport/Flex/SHO (transverse) it looks like we could built an optional meth tank into the top of the intake as well as stand offs for mounting the pump. This would of course increase the price of the intake around $200ish but would make for installing the meth kit MUCH easier compared to current options. What do you guys think? Expected price for the cold air will be approximately $700ish and will use the lower factory box/cold air intake with a new custom lid and piping to the turbos as well as a panel filter. I'll have pictures hopefully this weekend to share of the first prototype.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

EcoPowerParts

www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

J-Will

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

FearlessAZ

I am excited to see results. Having the meth option would be super convenient for those that want to go that route. I hope to within a year a so. I will be watching this tentatively. If it can produce a decent gain as well as make installation of the meth kit easier, I am all for it.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

EcoPowerParts

www.ecopowerparts.com -

SHOdded

No doubt about it, that thing means bizness!  Thanks for posting pics early :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

aurmend

Godamn, nice work! 2" or 2.5" piping?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2011 Taurus Sho: Custom 3" Dual CAI w/ Noisemaker eliminater pipe  - AEM Meth kit 625ml/m - 170 thermostat - Motorcraft SP-534 .028 gap.
Coming Soon: PPE downpipes, 3rd cat delete, 3bar MAP and Tune

MiWiAu

Does this kit include the charge pipes as well (Explorer?!) or is it just the airbox lid and intake piping to turbo inlets?

I see some raw aluminum charge piping, so wasn't sure if this was part of the proto or not. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: MiWiAu on May 26, 2017, 07:18:04 AM
Does this kit include the charge pipes as well (Explorer?!) or is it just the airbox lid and intake piping to turbo inlets?

I see some raw aluminum charge piping, so wasn't sure if this was part of the proto or not. ;)

That's an explorer sport, I'm coming out with the hot pipe kit like the SHO as well as that intake which will fit all the transverse 3.5L ecoboost vehicles.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: aurmend on May 26, 2017, 01:52:52 AM
Godamn, nice work! 2" or 2.5" piping?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2" no reason for 2.5" and no room to make it happen.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

TSS

Let me say this, I have never considered meth before and I don't intend to consider it in the future. However, if I was, there is absolutely no question in my mind that I would easily hand over funds for that set up. Phenomenal!
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

ZSHO

Mike.B Truly makes it one Awesome and desirable setup indeed. Z  :thumb: :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

MiWiAu

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on May 26, 2017, 09:57:21 AM
That's an explorer sport, I'm coming out with the hot pipe kit like the SHO as well as that intake which will fit all the transverse 3.5L ecoboost vehicles.

Yes!!!

2013 XSport

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: TSS on May 26, 2017, 10:06:02 AM
Let me say this, I have never considered meth before and I don't intend to consider it in the future. However, if I was, there is absolutely no question in my mind that I would easily hand over funds for that set up. Phenomenal!
The base intake system will just be what you see there, we're making a modular stainless steel tank that will fix on top of this intake making it squared off but allowing you to easily mount the reservoir which is the hardest part of the meth system install.
I'm also looking into a plate that will be easily installed to allow for mounting of the pump. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -