• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Wet Kit?

Started by Bharp, May 22, 2017, 09:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bharp

I have a 2013 SHO with Livernois v10 tune, 3-bar, and 160 therm. My question is how big of a wet shot would be safe? There is not a lot of discussion on this matter it seems. I have been running a dry shot lately and it seems to be doing great. I am only running a 35 shot on it but i is responding well. Thanks for any info.
2013 SHO non PP, Livernois V10 tune, Deleted 3rd Cat, K&N drop in air filter.
12.54 best ET
111.96 best MPH

Gjkrisa

There is a post in nos says he uses 75 on his flex but to watch your fuel usage to make sure your not leaning out

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

TimmyATL

This reminds me that I need to drop LMS a email about switching my single nozzle Meth to directport Meth with 7th nozzle. Upgrading the HPFP. and adding a  dry nitrous shot at the intercooler inlet. I hope that the HPFP upgrade, stock injectors and  PCM will be able to meet the extra fuel requirements needed when the Nitrous is spraying. Thanks for reminding me LOL
13 SHO PP, Airaid intake, 170 T-stat, 3bar map sensor, Ecopower Parts hot side pipes, Turbosmart 7lb wastegate actuators, Stainless Works catted downpipes, Corsa cat back exhaust with Loudvalves exhaust dumps, Alky Control Meth Injection, LMS Dyno Meth tune. TSW Nurburgring  with NItto NTO5

EcoPowerParts

I would do a wet shot, don't use the meth as fuel, it's VERY easy to tap into the fuel system for the wet shot and much safer.
I'd also do it just before the TB, no reason to waste it pre IC, if you want to do that then just do a CO2 kit spraying on the intercooler if you can make that happen with it's location.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

EcoPowerParts

Well just to double check myself I did some googling, it appears some diesel guys have had good luck pre intercooler. Wouldn't take long to put a bung pre and post IC to test your IATs and see what the difference is. I'm still leery of a dry shot though but good luck with your testing. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

TimmyATL

I figured that the Meth is already cooling the air when spraying. It looks like a pain in the ass to try and mount a CO2 set up to the intercooler. So I figured why not  put it pre intercooler and try and help the process of cooling the charge air while giving it a nice boost of power.
13 SHO PP, Airaid intake, 170 T-stat, 3bar map sensor, Ecopower Parts hot side pipes, Turbosmart 7lb wastegate actuators, Stainless Works catted downpipes, Corsa cat back exhaust with Loudvalves exhaust dumps, Alky Control Meth Injection, LMS Dyno Meth tune. TSW Nurburgring  with NItto NTO5

Vortech347

I wouldn't touch a wet kit with a 10ft pole.  Direct fogger YES... One nozzle at the TB area.  Hell no.  I've seen more nitrous backfires and exploded intakes than I can keep track of.  Do not shoot fuel through a large plenum that was not designed for it.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

luckythirteen13

i ran a 40 dry shot for a while.  i pulled 1 degree of timing from my 91 octane tune and sprayed meth and just let the factory ecu figure out the afr.  worked fine but sold the kit cause i needed money