• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Power Stop Big Brake Kit - Not for Track USE or for HEAVY Foot (ME)

Started by irondoor19, June 17, 2015, 02:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agentlongwood

Quote from: SilvererSHO on December 14, 2017, 01:47:31 PM
I'm also not one bit impressed with my top of the line stereo system offered by Ford either.  Sound quality is not very good at all.  I wish you could tap the cruise control buttons to speed up or slow down in 1 MPH increments.  I miss that feature that was also on my wifes Traverse.

I actually really like the 2013+ interior on the MKS.  Although I do like the 2010-2012 Taurus shift level.  It's like a big ole' T-handle.  The 2013+ MKS also has a better sound system.  If you get radar cruise, you do get the ability to push a button to raise/lower speed in 1mph increments.  Join us on the dark side, go MKS.  Once you get over the grandpa-car styling, they are great lol.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

SilvererSHO

Quote from: Agentlongwood on December 14, 2017, 02:07:43 PM
Quote from: SilvererSHO on December 14, 2017, 01:47:31 PM
I'm also not one bit impressed with my top of the line stereo system offered by Ford either.  Sound quality is not very good at all.  I wish you could tap the cruise control buttons to speed up or slow down in 1 MPH increments.  I miss that feature that was also on my wifes Traverse.

I actually really like the 2013+ interior on the MKS.  Although I do like the 2010-2012 Taurus shift level.  It's like a big ole' T-handle.  The 2013+ MKS also has a better sound system.  If you get radar cruise, you do get the ability to push a button to raise/lower speed in 1mph increments.  Join us on the dark side, go MKS.  Once you get over the grandpa-car styling, they are great lol.

Well I'm not getting any younger but maybe I'll get one AFTER my mid-life crisis I have yet to enjoy.  ;D
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

derfdog15

Is the Cruise Control different on the 10-12? On my 15 SHO IIRC, I just had to use the 'Set' button on the steering wheel to adjust cruise up/down.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

SilvererSHO

Quote from: derfdog15 on December 14, 2017, 02:35:38 PM
Is the Cruise Control different on the 10-12? On my 15 SHO IIRC, I just had to use the 'Set' button on the steering wheel to adjust cruise up/down.

Yes, but you hold it down until you reach the desired speed to increase or decrease speed don't you?  I'm talking about 3 taps on one button to slow down 3 MPH.  7 taps on the other to increase by 7 MPH etc. etc.  That's how the wife's old Traverse worked and I really liked it.

Agentlongwood

Quote from: SilvererSHO on December 14, 2017, 03:27:16 PM

Yes, but you hold it down until you reach the desired speed to increase or decrease speed don't you?  I'm talking about 3 taps on one button to slow down 3 MPH.  7 taps on the other to increase by 7 MPH etc. etc.  That's how the wife's old Traverse worked and I really liked it.

On mine I can tap the button and it goes up by 1 mph.  If I tap it 3 times it goes up by 3 mph.  Mine has the adaptive cruise control.  Not sure if the regular cruise control works the same.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

SilvererSHO

Quote from: Agentlongwood on December 14, 2017, 06:05:12 PM

On mine I can tap the button and it goes up by 1 mph.  If I tap it 3 times it goes up by 3 mph.  Mine has the adaptive cruise control.  Not sure if the regular cruise control works the same.

OK, that makes sense then.  My wife has a 2014 SEL without adaptive cruise control and it doesn't work that way unless I'm doing it wrong.

Macgyver

2015 SHO. Yeah the Adaptive cruise you can do +/-1 increments.

The thing that drives me nuts is the touch screen. So not a touch screen. More like a LAG or No touch screen and now the cold weather is messing up stuff with the No Key found and Battery saving mod etc etc. Another thread here.

On the OP post here. I would do Wildwoods if you are going to track the car. Dont skimp on tires or brakes.

SilvererSHO

Quote from: Macgyver on December 14, 2017, 08:06:49 PM
2015 SHO. Yeah the Adaptive cruise you can do +/-1 increments.

The thing that drives me nuts is the touch screen. So not a touch screen. More like a LAG or No touch screen and now the cold weather is messing up stuff with the No Key found and Battery saving mod etc etc. Another thread here.

On the OP post here. I would do Wildwoods if you are going to track the car. Dont skimp on tires or brakes.

Well I'll be damned....  I guess my '12 SHO does do it in 1 MPH increments.  I tried the wife's when she first got the car and it didn't work and then tried mine and assumed it didn't do it because it's not nearly as responsive as it was on the wife's old Traverse so I didn't even realize it works. DUH....  I'm assuming since you can't get adaptive cruise control with the PP they give you the +/- increment deal without it?  And then on my wife's car you'd have to upgrade to adaptive cruise control to get it?