• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SERVICE ADVANCETRAC message

Started by SoCalFlexin, May 19, 2017, 09:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalFlexin

SERVICE ADVANCETRAC message came on in my Flex. It does not come on right away upon startup or putting it in gear, but does as soon as you start driving. Then it turns off after I turn the car off and back on. Does anyone think it might have something to do with the steering gear recall? Or a bad steering angle sensor? Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Titanium EB Flex White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat

SHOdded

The usual cause for this message is intermittent or failed wheel speed sensor connection, such as a recent high pressure car wash, dirt/grime/water in the connector, brake service, etc.  Another is a cracked tone ring.  Rust has been known to occasionally fail the steering rack also, though not 100% sure it will set that message.

Look at this thread, it seems to support your theory.
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3965
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SoCalFlexin

Quote from: SHOdded on May 20, 2017, 05:11:48 AM
The usual cause for this message is intermittent or failed wheel speed sensor connection, such as a recent high pressure car wash, dirt/grime/water in the connector, brake service, etc.  Another is a cracked tone ring.  Rust has been known to occasionally fail the steering rack also, though not 100% sure it will set that message.

Thank you for the reply, this helped a lot, here was what DTC mine came up with

SoCalFlexin

Quote from: SoCalFlexin on May 20, 2017, 10:42:38 AM
Quote from: SHOdded on May 20, 2017, 05:11:48 AM

Thank you for the reply, this helped a lot, here was what DTC mine came up with

SoCalFlexin

Update: My car has been at the dealer now for a week. I brought it in for the advance track light and they called me right away telling me that the rack needed to be changed and it was covered by the recall, then a few days later they call me to say that they have installed 2 different racks in the car and they still get the same code. So now they tell me they have to contact the hotline because they have no idea what is wrong. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

pmezo33

What kind of tires are you running?  Same four all around?  Same size and tread depth too?

If the "service AdvanceTrac" warning indicator light comes on in the dashboard, this could be an indication of several issues.
A faulty wheel-speed sensor
A faulty steering-angle sensor
A faulty rotational-speed sensor
An issue with the steering rack
Something that is lodged in one of the wheels
The AdvanceTrac system needs to be reprogrammed

SoCalFlexin

Quote from: pmezo33 on May 27, 2017, 11:24:14 AM
What kind of tires are you running?  Same four all around?  Same size and tread depth too?

If the "service AdvanceTrac" warning indicator light comes on in the dashboard, this could be an indication of several issues.
Thank you for the response, the tires are all the same and the tread is equal. The code that keeps showing up is for the steering, they have put 2 new racks in the car and still no change.

pmezo33

Quote from: SoCalFlexin on May 27, 2017, 02:07:40 PM

Thank you for the response, the tires are all the same and the tread is equal. The code that keeps showing up is for the steering, they have put 2 new racks in the car and still no change.

Do you know the specific code that keeps coming up?

SoCalFlexin

Quote from: pmezo33 on May 27, 2017, 03:08:59 PM

Look on the pictures above

SHOdded

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6556.msg101830.html#msg101830

Looks like steering angle sensor and tie rods are next on the suspect list.  Still looking for U0428 code info.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

pmezo33

Quote from: SoCalFlexin on May 27, 2017, 04:04:24 PM

Can't make out the second picture, but for the first code (U0428), i'd start with the steering angle sensor like the code says.

http://mmc-autoelectric.org.ua/manuals/eur/lancerx/2010/35/html/M135502310030200ENG.HTM#A2

$16 w/out auto park and $106 w/ auto park. 

http://www.tascaparts.com/auto-parts/2012/ford/flex/titanium-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/steering-cat/shroud-switches-and-levers-scat

SoCalFlexin

Quote from: pmezo33 on May 27, 2017, 06:38:04 PM

Can't make out the second picture, but for the first code (U0428), i'd start with the steering angle sensor like the code says.

http://mmc-autoelectric.org.ua/manuals/eur/lancerx/2010/35/html/M135502310030200ENG.HTM#A2

http://www.tascaparts.com/auto-parts/2012/ford/flex/titanium-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/steering-cat/shroud-switches-and-levers-scat
The dealership still has the car and they keep telling me they are working on it and trying to figure it out. All they have changed is the steering gear so far

pmezo33

Quote from: SoCalFlexin on May 27, 2017, 07:38:16 PM
Quote from: pmezo33 on May 27, 2017, 06:38:04 PM

The dealership still has the car and they keep telling me they are working on it and trying to figure it out. All they have changed is the steering gear so far

Good luck with those stooges.  Keep us updated.

SoCalFlexin

Update:

I called the service writer yesterday a little after noon, he answers and tells me he will find out whats going on with my car and give a call back. So 4 hours goes by and no call, when i got off work at 4pm i called the dealer and was put on hold and i was on hold for 25 minutes so i hung up and drove to the dealership. I find the service writer hiding between two cars in the service area. He tell me that they had to order a third rack per Ford hotline instructions and that's suppose to fix the issue and still will only offer me a one day rental. I haven't taken it yet. So we will see today if the magical third rack will solve this issue. Its almost always a huge fiasco when i take this car to the dealer. 

SHOdded

Almost always recommend going to a Lincoln dealer even if they are far away when you run into issues like this.  At least they are working with Ford directly, so there is some redemption, not enough, but some.