• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MKS fog light bezel removal

Started by Egoboost, May 15, 2017, 06:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egoboost

Putting a shout out to the MKS owners out here.
Stupid me bought cheap led fog lights a while back and the "bulb" itself has broken off and is just rolling around the bottom of the lens now.  Trying to remove the bezel to access the lens/broken bulb, but I'm not sure how to do it.  From the looks of it, I can pry off the bezel but not sure if I should be prying around the chrome trim or the black plastic inner piece.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

SHOdded

From the manual for a 2012 MKS

Removal and Installation

With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist. For additional information, refer to Section 100-02 .
Disconnect the fog lamp electrical connector.
Reaching behind the front bumper cover, release the 6 tabs and remove the fog lamp bezel.
Release the 2 tabs and remove the fog lamp.
To install, reverse the removal procedure
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Egoboost

OMG...it was in the manual.  Thank you so much...double stupid on my part now! :homer:

SHOdded

Factory/shop/service manual, not owner's :)  No D'OH there!!!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!