• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PTU Oil Change (Tons of Pics) 2016 Explorer Sport

Started by Lexingtonian, May 14, 2017, 03:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiWiAu

Hey Lexingtonian, when you did this, did you wind up elevating only the driver's side (to tilt toward the PTU drain) or were both sides elevated evenly? I didn't see any mention of this in the initial write-up and was curious if this might have affected the amount of fluid you were able to extract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

Lexingtonian

I tried just running the drivers side wheel up on the ramp but didn't have enough room to work. So I put both front tires on ramps then used a 30" jack to lift the drivers side more. I wasn't able to get the extreme cantilever that I'd like with it for sure. But did the best with what I had in the garage. Good catch by the way! Next time around I'll likely try pumping the last few oz out.
2016 Explorer Sport Metallic
93 Octane AJP Tune (SCT X4)
3Bar MAP
Plugs at .030

Daheim111

SHOwoosh

Quote from: Daheim111 on July 31, 2017, 06:38:09 AM
How can I see (look at) the pictures ???

Send Lexingtonian $400 so he can pay the ransom fee to photobucket to get his pics released
2011 SHO PP fully loaded.

Uleashed 93 3bar. Stock everything else. Best run 12.88

Now AJP 3bar still all stock otherwise. Times to come

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Lexingtonian

All I genuinely apologize for this happening! I was finally able to download all the photos from Photobucket as their download link conveniently quit working. I had to buy an app/plugin for Chrome that would go grab them.

Ecoboost team, what would be the preferred method for me to reshare going forward? I appears like I can upload them to the forum but it doesn't appear like I have much control on how to place the photos in the post. I'm also limited to 10 photos per post which would mean I'd need some help doing surgery on the original post.

Thoughts?
3Bar MAP
Plugs at .030

SHOdded

No preferred method.  Hopefully you can switch over to hosting on imgur or similar site, then link them back here.

Me, for now, I am attaching pics to posts, then copying the link to the attachment into the desired location within the post.  Double work, but better than fighting offsite providers (for me).
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Lexingtonian

BEGIN PHOTO POSTS

I will be posting all the photos in a series of posts then weaving them back into the original thread (post photobucket technique)
3Bar MAP
Plugs at .030

SHOdded

Thank you for taking the time, I know it is a PITA.

Lexingtonian

It's an important post (I think) so happy to do so. Hopefully have it wrapped up here n a bit. Thank you for allowing local photo hosting without some sort of upgrade. It's best to preserve the post this way. There's another forum that doesnt allow posting I posted this how-to on and I think, once done here I'm just going to post a link to here.
3Bar MAP
Plugs at .030

Lexingtonian

3Bar MAP
Plugs at .030

Lexingtonian

3Bar MAP
Plugs at .030

Lexingtonian

3Bar MAP
Plugs at .030

Lexingtonian

Next Photo

3Bar MAP
Plugs at .030

SHOdded

to embed the video, use this link instead
! No longer available
Basically, the full URL, and http instead of https.