• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Lincoln MKT, 24's gone, down to 22's

Started by akakooper, May 12, 2017, 06:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akakooper

Well, I took off my 24's.  http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6468.0.html

It was a sad day.  They looked good and rode pretty well but I was having too many problems with the seals on 3 piece rims.  Not sure if it was the heat in vegas combined with the weight of the MKT.  I decided to drop to 22's.  Wrapped in 265/35r22 Pirelli's.   I think it turned out well.  Rides better and I have less anxiety. 

Ended up putting H&R springs to lower her just a little.  Ends up being almost 1.75" in the rear and .75" upfront.  Just enough to level and squat her down.  Painted the calipers red.  I know red is a little over done but with black and the red taillights it just made sense.  Took off the "ecoboost" emblem and replaced with a red "turbo" scripted.... kinda like what is on a porsche.  I could not find a script "twin turbo" for the life of me. 

The shark fin is next to get rid of the rc car antenna. 

2011 Black Lincoln MKT Ecoboost.  R1 Concept Drilled/Slotted Rotors, H&R Springs, 22x9 Verde Parallax Wheels, 265/35r22 pirelli scorpion asimmetrico, painted calipers.  Gone are the 24s!! 

2009 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 4.6l on 22"s

akakooper

another pic - she's dirty here but when is a black car not dirty. 
2011 Black Lincoln MKT Ecoboost.  R1 Concept Drilled/Slotted Rotors, H&R Springs, 22x9 Verde Parallax Wheels, 265/35r22 pirelli scorpion asimmetrico, painted calipers.  Gone are the 24s!! 

Gjkrisa

It's either this or a explorer that will be the next vehicle unless I wanna fix a wrecked range Rover

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

akakooper

Quote from: Gjkrisa on May 12, 2017, 06:59:12 PM
It's either this or a explorer that will be the next vehicle unless I wanna fix a wrecked range Rover

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have not been in the explorer.  I do like cars.com side by side comparison tool.   

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ashunte

I like the look, parallax rims? What's the offset on those?

akakooper

Quote from: ashunte on June 20, 2017, 10:40:56 PM
I like the look, parallax rims? What's the offset on those?

It is the Verde Parallax rim!  22x9 32et.