• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MKS Front door speaker

Started by MarkC., May 12, 2017, 01:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkC.

Can I put a coaxial kicker csc68 in my MKS doors with decent results or waste of time?
Have the speakers laying around, not necessarily looking for more highs...just want better sound quality overall from the THX II .
These replace the factory that have no tweeter...thats why I ask.
2014 Lincoln MKS Dark Side Debadged
Tinted Windows, HL, TL
AJP Tuned 93oct. via X4
3 Bar Map, NGK 6510 Plugs, K&N drop in
S#!+ Eating Grin

Gjkrisa

Wow I haven't actually heard the Lincoln sound system but I'd imagine hard to beat since the speakers are already built sealed giving you great lows 
Maybe setting up an amplifier to just turn them up a little more then the rest of the music

I would just go threw the car see where you may need more sound deadning first but I haven't heard these cars just assume they sound great by design

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

glock-coma

Check this thread, post #3 from Lanson. If you're going to take advice from anybody take it from him. He knows his stuff.

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=2785.0
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

MarkC.

You are not missing anything. The sound is underwhelming but tolerable. On paper it sounds great but to the ears, not so much. All i have is 16 FoMoCo crappy speakers with a THX certification. I feel like they (or me) could accomplish more with half the speakers if done with quality pieces.  Lipstick on a pig is really what it is here. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Lincoln MKS Dark Side Debadged
Tinted Windows, HL, TL
AJP Tuned 93oct. via X4
3 Bar Map, NGK 6510 Plugs, K&N drop in
S#!+ Eating Grin