• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

sunroof cover rattle

Started by mval, July 31, 2013, 12:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mval

Has anybody had this. I only noticed it starting this week end on a trip out of town. But when going over 50 & car hit bump a loud rattle up in sunroof area. I tried the cover in multiple positions no change. Thoroughly checked sun roof for leaks. Took a hose to it no leaks. So has to be in the cover assembly itself. I got no reason to take it into dealer & don't want to just for this but is annoying.
Thanks for help.
MikeV
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

SoCalSHO

I believe I read elsewhere of a loose wire harness in the front of the headliner, passenger side, towards the front (?). Guys were just securing the wire with some foam tape so it wouldn't rattle. It was on EBOF site. Hope it helps.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SoCalSHO

I do not believe you have to take out the whole headliner. Just pull down the part near the rattle to access the harness, secure it with whatever, and voila.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

mval

Socal:
Will do. I was just checking to see if anybody else had it before I monkied around with it as I'm not handy.
MikeV
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler

mjhpadi

Yeah, guys were hearing a wiring connection rattling and it was coming from the passenger side I believe it was located right behind the top of the A-pillar.  I know that several used a little foam and it worked.  I think I would try to locate the exact area the noise is coming from before tearing into fixing it.  It's amazing how noise will travel in a car. it cam be a bear to locate the exact force.  Suggest having a passenger ride with you and when you get the noise have them push up on the headliner around the A-pillar and see if that quiets it.  Good luck, keep us updated.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

SoCalSHO

Mval, you still under warranty?
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

mval

my 3yr has run out but have a 7 year extended that why haven't tuned it. Sounds to me like an unhandy guy like me should take to dealer. Thanks guys

SoCalSHO

You may as well tune it now. Untune as needed. If they ever find out that you have a tune and dont want to cover the malfunction, the Ford Ext Warr is refundable.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

mjhpadi

As I've said earlier, my dealer is aware of me having the car tuned and they have even driven the car just to see the performance.  They have never made an issue of the tune, and I believe because they are aware that the car is well cared for. If you are really worried about, I would talk to the dealer service manager and see how he feels about it.  He may be a car guy that would understand it.  I never have had to take the tune out.  That's another reason I made the dealer aware that it is tuned...that way they could warn me in advance if they have to reflash the computer, so I can put the stock tune in before the reflash.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350