• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SW catless installed, omg now it's too raspy lol

Started by KoolerD471, February 24, 2017, 02:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoolerD471

Ok I know this is the SHO part of the forum but the flex section doesn't see much action lol.
I just installed some SW catless DP's on my flex that already had a custom catback ( 2.5 flanges back with x pipe and short glasspacks with 4" doublewall tips ) and the rasp is freakin crazy!
Bad enough I'm looking for a full body muffler to try and get rid of some of it.
Here is my question. Who can point me in the direction of some clips of a similar setup SHO exhaust just different mufflers in the rear? Talking 3rd cat and resonator deleted and just some mufflers handling noise control...
Thinking some universal magnaflows and reuse my tips but idk if they will cure out enough rasp. If needed I'll record a couple clips to demonstrate how bad it is.

Thanks in advance.
His: 2011 Flex Limited Ecoboost: Cai, Catless DP's, 170', Sp534's, 3Bar, Coilovers, HD Brakes, Roush RR01 wheels wrapped in 275/40/20 Firestone Firehawk Indy500's, AJPTurbo Tuned 😈
Hers: 2016 Mustang GT 6Sp : Sct tuned, H&R SS, Exhaust

Gjkrisa

Ohh I wanna hear what you're sounds like

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

KoolerD471

Here's the cold first start after install today. I'll upload some video tomorrow.

https://youtu.be/VtMzzj3MFew
[url]http://youtu.be/VtMzzj3MFew]http://youtu.be/VtMzzj3MFew
His: 2011 Flex Limited Ecoboost: Cai, Catless DP's, 170', Sp534's, 3Bar, Coilovers, HD Brakes, Roush RR01 wheels wrapped in 275/40/20 Firestone Firehawk Indy500's, AJPTurbo Tuned 😈

SHOdded

Have you looked through this thread?  Fairly comprehensive tally of what people have done ...
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2462

Either new mufflers or tuning out the responsible frequencies with a custom resonator (if there is only one frequency) would work.  I believe some have even swapped out the SW because of this very reason.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

KoolerD471

I did catch myself looking through that thread yesterday.
After doing some more listening I may keep these glasspacks and mount them mid length and add the full size magnalflows in the rear to combat the rasp.
I'll snap a video from outback as is right now.

ZSHO

I certainly agree with SHOdded and installing a couple of resonators in place to combat the rasp might be quite beneficial,pics below.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

derfdog15

I run the SW catless pipes, resonator replaced with X-pipe (3rd cat is still there), and summit race mufflers.

Here is interior in a parking garage:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7333.msg111832.html#msg111832

Here is startup, revs, etc.
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7241.msg110351.html#msg110351

There is a definite rasp but it sounds amazing IMO. I love the sound. But everyone has different tastes. A few resonators/glasspack mufflers will tone it down, as stated above. Another option is J pipes, though I believe that is more for drone.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

Sabtaj1

I was running the SW downpipes and MRT axle back.  Still had the center cat n muffler though. I don't get why everyone is doing x pipes though. Back pressure is already all chopped up via the turbos.  So if I was to do it.  It would be two straight pipes.  No X.  X pipes always made mustangs raspy as hell. 
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

KoolerD471

Quote from: Sabtaj1 on February 24, 2017, 03:49:25 PM
I was running the SW downpipes and MRT axle back.  Still had the center cat n muffler though. I don't get why everyone is doing x pipes though. Back pressure is already all chopped up via the turbos.  So if I was to do it.  It would be two straight pipes.  No X.  X pipes always made mustangs raspy as hell. 

I agree with you but on mustangs I like the rasp on a 3v or 4v mod motor.
This thing sound like a Z car on steroids until the turbos really kick in and it's all the way from 2300 to 4K...
Hell might just have the x cut out and put these glasspacks up therefor resonators with the new mufflers

Sabtaj1

On a mustang.   I think by far the best sounding ones had the Mac Pro chamber.   Everyone I heard with that was perfection.
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

Linemonkey

Quote from: KoolerD471 on February 24, 2017, 05:45:19 PM
Quote from: Sabtaj1 on February 24, 2017, 03:49:25 PM

I agree with you but on mustangs I like the rasp on a 3v or 4v mod motor.
This thing sound like a Z car on steroids until the turbos really kick in and it's all the way from 2300 to 4K...
Hell might just have the x cut out and put these glasspacks up therefor resonators with the new mufflers
I'm in the same boat. Just installed the SW catless pipes and it sounds absolutely terrible! Weedeater, pack of angry bees, ricer... between 2K-4K. I had some cheap, race style mufflers welded in that sounded really good until then. I guess I'll go to my guy and see what he thinks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP Tuxedo Black
3 bar
160 T-STAT
Catless DPs
Tune by AJP

Linemonkey

Muffler shop guy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP Tuxedo Black
3 bar
160 T-STAT
Catless DPs
Tune by AJP

wraitherx

Quote from: Sabtaj1 on February 24, 2017, 08:04:53 PM
On a mustang.   I think by far the best sounding ones had the Mac Pro chamber.   Everyone I heard with that was perfection.

Mac LT's, mac prochamber, and mac cat back = sex. That was my favorite combo of all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 SHO PP
1999 SVT Cobra Built