• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New '17 XSport Owner...well the wife is

Started by r1crusher, May 04, 2017, 06:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r1crusher

Picked up the wife's new '17 XSport this morning.  She committed to getting this one after I took in the F250 we also just bought to get all the protection and spray in bed liner done.  I specifically asked for a '17 XSport loaner so the wife could drive it for a day and that's all it took.  I returned the next day to pick up the F250 and told my guy to track down an XSport.  He located this one near us in KY and brought it up to Cinci, OH.  It's going to get the windows tinted tomorrow to complete the window black out.  Will figure out when I want to tune it since I unmarried the X4 from the F150 we traded in. :D

So the blue ovals in the drive way have changed a little, '17 F250...'17 XSport...and my '13 SHO (also ruby red metallic).
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

SHOdded

Congrats to the wife (and to you)!  Looks like there was a white/silver Gen 2 Edge off to the right side in the photo, or am I mistaken?

Is she going to be racing the X at the strip?  Compete with you & your SHO :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

r1crusher

Thanks, SHOd!  I honestly don't recall if it was an Edge or Escape but it was waiting for it's new owner to come collect it also.

As far as competing with the wife I have her beat easily so there's no need to stir that pot.  I'm thinking though I'm going to have to get back my older X50 radar detector to put in her XSport as I have a feeling she's going to get a little "racey" with it.  LOL!

It's really hard to not just hop in the new F250 and take it when I need to go somewhere.  Nothing says, "GTF out of my way!" than a big chrome grill in your rear mirror.  :D
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!