• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Heat soak reduction

Started by avidmotion, May 04, 2017, 12:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avidmotion

I was wondering if many guys took an active roll in heat reduction on the SHO. On my old forum for the G8, heat soak reduction was a hot item. Aftermarket made a "HSRK" heat soak reduction kit. Essentially it was a a pigtail I AT sensor you installed in the airflow source before the filter in the general stock position. This sensor was said react to temp much faster and was noticeable for use at track. Also in summer removal of the intake cover. On a G8 no big deal it made you see the big V8, on this sideways 6, not much to look at. Lower temp thermostat. Cowl rubber removal for airflow. We took off most of the rubber except where heater intake vents were so not suck hot air into vents making AC work harder. Also cut away some hood rubber to help direct airflow in. Also below  the grill cut away some plastic let front air dam air from under car which then exited over the cowl. Not sure if it helped, but I did it anyway and there were no problems having done such.
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

AJP turbo

Dont mess with the iat sensors...there are actually 4 iat sensors in the sho and alot of compensations are based on them...there is an ambiant air temp sensor, intake air temp by the filter and a charge air cooler sensor which is the tip sensor and iat2 which is manifold

You want the car to know the real temps on a boosted car...any car for that matter. So you dont want to manipulate the locations
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress