• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Oil Return Bolt Size

Started by polskifacet, February 07, 2017, 11:19:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmezo33

Quote from: polskifacet on February 15, 2017, 03:10:12 PM
You guys know if there is access to the turbo feed line to inspect it etc? I cant see anything from the top or bottom. Bought a little snake camera that will come in a couple days.

Kind of a pain to get to, but doable.  Going off memory, you first need to remove the air intake tube to the rear turbo.  Then there's a heat shield back there over the exhaust manifold that you need to remove.  I think there's about 3 or 4 bolts that hold it in place.  Be careful with them, they can be rusted.  Remove the heat shield and you'll have access to the turbo feed line. 

No need for the camera.  Once you get that heat shield off, you'll have clear view of the feed line.

polskifacet

Took the intake piping off and was able to see deep enough to see that its bone dry. I did however find that my rear PTU seal is leaking and the spinning of the shaft is throwing oil all over. Could have still been multiple leaks. Called my buddy and he will swap the $14 seal for me early next week in his shop as it's way too much of a PITA to do this task under the car with inches of clearance. Can change it without taking the PTU out. Fluid level was full so that was a relief.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

SHOdded

Rare to see that seal go, well not rare rare, but most certainly it is the trans-PTU or the intermediate seal.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

polskifacet

Quote from: SHOdded on February 17, 2017, 12:31:48 AM
Rare to see that seal go, well not rare rare, but most certainly it is the trans-PTU or the intermediate seal.
Probably from when engine got swapped or going a bit too fast 😛
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

polskifacet

Wanted to add that I still had signs of an oil drips, black motor oil. I think I finally got everything ironed out as I tighted the rear turbo inlet tube clamp, it was loose and dripping some of that delicious pcv oil.