• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

64 Falcon 2 door sedan

Started by Boosted Falcon, May 01, 2017, 05:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boosted Falcon

Been sitting on the idea for this project for a while now, found a clean really straight 64 Falcon. Toyed with a Coyote or LS Swap but wanted to do something different and have settled on 3.5 Ecoboost Create Engine and Ford Racing ECU and harness.
I haven't decided on a transmission yet and understand the 3.7L V6 6 speed will bolt up. I also found that Lakewood has a bellhousing to fit the engine for either a T5 or T56 but can't seem to find a Flywheel and Clutch assembly for the engine/transmission combination. Advice appreciated.   

paokara777

Welcome to the forums!
What an awesome project.

As an Aussie, i have a soft spot for the Ford Falcon (US and Aussie versions both) so I will be watching this intently.

Any pics of your 64?
Daily Drive:
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, AJP 3BAR 93, K&N drop in
Weekend Cruiser:
1968 Ford Mustang Coupe 289 C Code
4Bl Carb, HiPo Cam, Headers and Exhaust

SHOdded

Would it be all that different from the F100 project?  I would look to that for ideas.

And please do introduce yourself in the New Member Intro section :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Boosted Falcon

Talking to the guys at Holley sounds like they have a Ecoboost engine in the prototype shop that I can take some measurements on. I understand that an area that can be a tight fit is the driver side turbo and the space needed for the exhaust turn down.

SHOdded

ah, they must be using an F150 3.5 since it is already set up for RWD and you mention the driver side turbo?  That will get you some serious torque right off the bat.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Boosted Falcon

Doing my homework before I start the engine swap. I am close to pulling the trigger on a Ford 3.5 Create engine and controller. The engine is wide (just under 30" at the turbo housings. the left turbo sits towards the rear of the block, the exhaust could be a tight fit with the firewall and frame rail. If that is the case I need to think through the work around. Also need to verify a 3.7 flywheel is a bolt on, QuickTime makes a bell housing for a T5 or T56 trans and also need to verify that a MT82 will bolt up as if so I will have another trans option.