• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Code P0303 and P00C6

Started by Colorado-SHOBro, April 29, 2017, 02:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiWiAu

I don't think you'd have any issues with changing it back out to full syn after 1k mi. It's supposed to be compatible with other oils.

I was originally worried about contaminating my new oil if all the fuel hadn't drained out, but a subsequent oil analysis did not show any concerning fuel content.

I'm basically using the 2-stroke Amsoil as an upper cylinder lubricant (UCL). If you search google for upper cylinder lubricant, you'll find LOTS of opinions. LOL If you decide to go that route, you need to make sure you use a TC-W3 rated oil, which has low ash content and [supposedly] won't foul up O2 sensors or cats.

Good luck, sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

Colorado-SHOBro

Update:
Got the car back from the dealer yesterday. Warranty was approved and injector 3 was replaced along with an oil change and coolant topped off and burped. Spark plug was not fouled so it was not replaced although i will pull it and verify myself. i wonder if they noted it was not an OEM plug. . . or if they were able to tell it wasn't an OEM thermostat when they pulled that out. I highly doubt it as it looks similar at first glance.
Also, the strategy did not change so i'll be putting the car back to my preference soon.

Overall this was the 2nd positive experience i've had from warranty work done at this dealership. The job took longer than expected as they had to get approval from the warranty company(which had me sweating for a day) and had to order in injector o-rings.

I asked one of the service writers if fuel dumping through the exhaust could cause the cats to fail or harm them in general. He said it's hard to say but if i didn't run the car for long with the stuck injector he doubts it would be a big deal. He suggested driving the car on the highway and "getting on it" to let the car breathe and heat up the cats to cook off any residual fuel. I gladly obliged on the way home  :punk: Feels good to have the car back . . even in stock form for now.

11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.