• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Code P0303 and P00C6

Started by Colorado-SHOBro, April 29, 2017, 02:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado-SHOBro

well my bad luck this week continues. pulling in the garage after some spirited driving last night the car started to chug and miss. exhaust had an extremely strong fuel odor. CEL was on but the X4 wouldn't read them until this morning although i immediately suspected a stuck injector.
C0303-cylinder 3 misfire
C00C6-Fuel rail pressure too low

cleared the codes,put everything back to stock and disconnected the positive cable. gets towed to the dealer monday.
don't think the dealer will poke around in the ECU but i hate knowing about this
http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=171551

also paranoid about having the car sit all weekend with the leaky injector and flooding the cylinder and it bending a rod when the dealership goes to crank it.
not too stoked on this with only 31k on the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

Colorado-SHOBro

car running and white smoke oozing out the tailpipe after i shut it down

11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

StealBlueSho

What does the smoke smell like?

StealBlueSho

Did you notice the temp climbing while you were driving?

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: StealBlueSho on April 29, 2017, 02:52:10 PM
Did you notice the temp climbing while you were driving?
smoke smelt FUEL and very strongly so. was a quick jaunt home before i noticed the issue so i didn't have my eyes on the gauges really

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

StealBlueSho

At least it's not coolant... cracked heads or block etc...

SHOdded

Looks like 2 different issues.  Fuel injector and HPFP pump.

Too early 4 sure
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

lamrith

do not take the chance with dealer.  Swap the 2bar MAP back in and use the SCTx4 and return the tune to the stock tune.  The dealer likely will look at the ECU and it had been reported before that they will sometimes update the strategy when a car is in for service.  Specially with a CEL and some sort of fuel related issue I would bet they reflash/update the strategy as part of the work...  Not worth the risk when takes 20min to change..

Be interesting to see what they say about the WG mod...
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: lamrith on April 29, 2017, 04:03:10 PM
do not take the chance with dealer.  Swap the 2bar MAP back in and use the SCTx4 and return the tune to the stock tune.  The dealer likely will look at the ECU and it had been reported before that they will sometimes update the strategy when a car is in for service.  Specially with a CEL and some sort of fuel related issue I would bet they reflash/update the strategy as part of the work...  Not worth the risk when takes 20min to change..

Be interesting to see what they say about the WG mod...
oh no way! already put the car back to stock tune first thing this morning. removed wastegate and even disconnected all the catch can hoses and hid them from visibility and hooked the oem pcv system back up. i left the the can(behind front bumper) and hoses in place but that's literally the only thing that's not oem on the car currently. i'm pretty sure they won't see it as they'll only be working in the top of the engine bay.
i even unplugged the positive battery cable to erase the ECU flash memory. i got the strategy updated about 6 months ago and to the best of my knowledge it already had the latest strategy code. if i come back with a different one then so be it. i'm sure brad could use some extra $ for a strategy update right now! ;)

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: SHOdded on April 29, 2017, 03:50:40 PM
Looks like 2 different issues.  Fuel injector and HPFP pump.

Too early 4 sure
i'm hoping it's not the HPFP. during full load it always stays at 2k+ but it is possibility. I'm thinking the injector issue may have caused other code to trigger.

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

SHOdded

True, the misfire code makes the injector the priority.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MiWiAu

Stuck injector, guaranteed. I had the same codes and symptoms. With an injector stuck open, you won't build pressure in the fuel rail. You'll probably need an oil change. I would recommend NOT driving it. All that unburnt fuel in the exhaust can/will damage the cats. Having it towed to the dealer for repair is a wise decision. :)

Should be covered under the 7 yr/75k mi long term defects warranty.

This was mine:

2013 XSport

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: MiWiAu on April 29, 2017, 05:47:51 PM
Stuck injector, guaranteed. I had the same codes and symptoms. With an injector stuck open, you won't build pressure in the fuel rail. You'll probably need an oil change. I would recommend NOT driving it. All that unburnt fuel in the exhaust can/will damage the cats. Having it towed to the dealer for repair is a wise decision. :)

Should be covered under the 7 yr/75k mi long term defects warranty.

This was mine:

yep i thought if you! i will request that the dealer not start it to avoid potentially bending a rod of the cylinder has flooded. . don't know if they will abide tho. they might have to run it to make the codes pop up again since i cleared it to flash back to stock.
MiWiau did they only replace the one injector on yours? how many miles since then? wish i could get them to replace the whole set.

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

MiWiAu

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on April 29, 2017, 06:11:26 PM

MiWiau did they only replace the one injector on yours? how many miles since then? wish i could get them to replace the whole set.

I asked them to change the set, but they said Ford would only cover the 1 bad injector under warranty. I decided to pass on paying extra, but it couldn't hurt to ask your dealer.  I had ~32k miles on mine when the failure occurred last September, and I'm now at ~42.5k. No issues since then (knock on wood).

I had fuel in my oil, so an oil change was required. They also said warranty would only cover Motorcraft oil, even though I had just switched to Amsoil 2k miles earlier. I ended up dropping off 6 qts of Amsoil at the dealer (my expense). Just a heads up in case you are running something other than MC oil.

Also, I'm not sure if it has helped or not, but I've been adding Amsoil HP Marine TC-W3 oil to my fuel (1 oz oil for every 4-4.5 gal of fuel) at every fill-up since the injector failure in the hopes that it would help keep the fuel system better lubricated.

2013 XSport

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: MiWiAu on April 29, 2017, 06:23:44 PM
Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on April 29, 2017, 06:11:26 PM

I asked them to change the set, but they said Ford would only cover the 1 bad injector under warranty. I decided to pass on paying extra, but it couldn't hurt to ask your dealer.  I had ~32k miles on mine when the failure occurred last September, and I'm now at ~42.5k. No issues since then (knock on wood).

I had fuel in my oil, so an oil change was required. They also said warranty would only cover Motorcraft oil, even though I had just switched to Amsoil 2k miles earlier. I ended up dropping off 6 qts of Amsoil at the dealer (my expense). Just a heads up in case you are running something other than MC oil.

Also, I'm not sure if it has helped or not, but I've been adding Amsoil HP Marine TC-W3 oil to my fuel (1 oz oil for every 4-4.5 gal of fuel) at every fill-up since the injector failure in the hopes that it would help keep the fuel system better lubricated.

i'm definitely going to press the issue and attempt to get all 6 but doubt i'll have much luck. ill have to look into the Amsoil supplement.
i have 6 quarts of amsoil handy but i might let them put the motorcraft in and just change it after 1,000 miles or so afterwards. any harm in doing this? i've always heard your not supposed to go synthetic and then go back but at least the motorcraft is semi-synthetic.

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.