• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2017 MKZ - Rear Dome Light Flicker

Started by 14SHOCAR, April 28, 2017, 11:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

Well, I found another annoying issue with my 2017 MKZ. After I got my car back from this whole "battery" problem.... I noticed my rear dome light is flickering. At first, I thought I was seeing things, but I decided to take out my camera and video it. It looks almost like my phone camera is trying to focus on the back seat, but its actually the light dimming in and out with the rear door opened. I moved the camera to focus on the front lights, which don't flicker..

http://brentblawat.com/blog/IMG_1904.MOV (18.5MB)

Drives me nuts. I'll eventually take my car back for this issue too.
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dajavu2

I just took my MKZ 2017 back to the dealer twice for the light flickering issue. The first time they said they fixed it. Obviously they didn't hence me taking it back for the 2nd time. The 2nd time they said they checked other MKZ's on the lot and they all do the same thing. So there answer is, "it's supposed to do that". WHAT!? I just thought this was the answer they only gave to women. Also my car battery drained overnight for no apparent reason. They never found any lights that were left on, no doors were open, nothing. But sure enough the battery was drained.

SHOdded

If the dealer wont take action, tell them you want to pursue it and you want a ticket opened up with Ford/Lincoln engineering. If they still wont assist, call up Lincoln directly and get the Regional Manager involved.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

14SHOCAR

Quote from: Dajavu2 on October 07, 2017, 09:03:46 AM
I just took my MKZ 2017 back to the dealer twice for the light flickering issue. The first time they said they fixed it. Obviously they didn't hence me taking it back for the 2nd time. The 2nd time they said they checked other MKZ's on the lot and they all do the same thing. So there answer is, "it's supposed to do that". WHAT!? I just thought this was the answer they only gave to women. Also my car battery drained overnight for no apparent reason. They never found any lights that were left on, no doors were open, nothing. But sure enough the battery was drained.

I can create a video of it not doing the same thing. Its a body control module reflash -
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

ZSHO

It sounds like its possessed.  >:D Lol.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|