• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SYNC Conflict Found and Confirmed Resolution

Started by ncole, April 28, 2017, 12:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncole

I have a 2011 SHO and an Android Moto G4 (7.0) I think.  I had lots of issues with getting my phone to stream music (usually Spotify) consistently.  I would reset everything and set it all back up and that would work for some time, but usually I would lose the ability to control my phone with the steering wheel buttons first, then I would connect for calls but have no Bluetooth audio, then no connection at all. I got tired of it and started ripping all my CD's to the Jukebox, and would occasionally get the headphone cord out.  Problem is, I have lots of downloaded music from Spotify with no CD's, and I wanted what was on my phone.   

By coincidence I noticed (should have thought about it and played with it a long time ago) that I had no issues if my Torque app wasn't open. I was using the Torque app to display things 100% of the time, but just had it off and didn't feel like messing with it one day.  My music turned on all by itself (still don't know how it does that) and it clicked.  I like the auto connect feature and it's pretty fast, but if you leave the Torque app open and it is open when you start the car, it seems to take precedence over Sync and screw it up.  For two weeks now, I have been making sure Torque is closed all the way (it likes to stay open unless you tell it "quit" and then swipe it closed) and have had zero issues with playing my music.  MUCH happier.  Once the car is on and Sync and the phone are happy, Torque can then be opened up with no issues and the two exist happily together. 

I thought it was my bluetooth headphones, or my bluetooth connection for my receiver at home, so I made my exclusive source for those two an old phone at the gym, and my tablet at home.  Now I know the issues and can use my phone for everything like I want, just have to watch conflicts at startup.
2011 black on black SHO.  MDesign CAI, Livernois 93 Stage 4 Plus X RACE 3BAR (running some E85 in to boost octane), 160° Thermostat, Livernois gapped plugs, 3 bar MAP

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ncole

Little update on this for anyone that has these annoying issues.   A new pair of headphones being used at work started making it so that my phone would not transmit sound to the car again.  I played with it for a bit and tried different things, but ultimately the fix was to go back to using another pair of headphones.  I had my car in for some other services and they updated my SYNC and since then I have not had any problems and use whatever headphones I want, and leave Torque on all the time.  I also have texting through my phone working now and more info displayed for what my phone is sending to the car.
2011 black on black SHO.  MDesign CAI, Livernois 93 Stage 4 Plus X RACE 3BAR (running some E85 in to boost octane), 160° Thermostat, Livernois gapped plugs, 3 bar MAP