• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Wireless LED Light Bar

Started by polskifacet, February 03, 2017, 01:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polskifacet

Hey Guys,
Planning to do a wireless LED light bar setup behind the grille. Below are the core parts I need/ordered. There is also a bit of code I wrote to give me ON/OFF and a per button press double flash. I didn't want to run any more wires into the car or cut/drill anything to install switches. More info/progress to come!

Parts:
Black Oak 20" single row Combo Led Light Bar - $315
Arduino UNO chip - $2
Simple RF T4 Receiver - 315MHz Toggle Type - $4.95
Keyfob 4-Button RF Remote Control - 315MHz - $6.95
SSR-25DD 3-32VDC Output 5-60VDC 25A Solid State Module - $8.35
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

ZSHO

I know Chris (Debonair)has a very cool LED Bar setup which you might find beneficial,but in the meantime due keep us updated on any progress and looking forward in your results accompanied by pic's. Z
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,4295.msg66736.html#msg66736

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

polskifacet

Quote from: ZSHO on February 03, 2017, 01:51:17 PM
I know Chris (Debonair)has a very cool LED Bar setup which you might find beneficial,but in the meantime due keep us updated on any progress and looking forward in your results accompanied by pic's. Z
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,4295.msg66736.html#msg66736
I was contemplating getting the DRL from drive bright and came upon that very post lol. I instantly thought damn that so much cooler! I also initially thought I would make them flash much more but it sank in that it would be just a little bit illegal to do that on public roads.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

polskifacet

Had to fix the mounting location of one of the U clips as it was rusted and chewed the plastic when I tried to unscrew it, anti-seize EVERYTHING lol.

SHOdded

That could definitely get fugly.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

polskifacet

Quote from: SHOdded on April 06, 2017, 05:51:28 AM
That could definitely get fugly.
The job or you don't like light bars?

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

polskifacet

I've been derusting, the bumper support is black for a reason lol had to take a pneumatic rotary tool to it and shoot some primer/paint on it. I also put silicone under the brackets of the light bar so the self tapping bolts are covered, no way for water to get in/under.

dubcitySHO

Light bar looks great polski! 
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....