• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

OBX downpipes available for 10+ SHO

Started by Colorado-SHOBro, April 25, 2017, 02:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado-SHOBro

was just made aware that OBX is making downpipes for our cars. just putting it out there as i haven't previously seen this. in my previous platform OBX had a lot of fitment issues and often had to be modified to be installed so generally i'm not really a fan of the brand. not to mention they don't seem to have a catted option available. anyhow here it is. i would be interested to get feedback from someone who attempts install of these pipes.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Exhaust-Downpipe-Fits-10-thru-17-Ford-Taurus-3-5L-V6-SHO-AWD-Ecoboost-2-5-/152511159912?fits=Model%3ATaurus&hash=item23825f9e68%3Ag%3ApjoAAOSwls5Y8T4l&_trkparms=pageci%253Af0258c56-297e-11e7-aaf4-74dbd180ca4e%257Cparentrq%253Aa3c2792915b0a6a8d6622a9afffb88f6%257Ciid%253A1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

djxfactor

I might be a willing guinea pig on those...

I've ran OBX exhaust products on both my Dodge Stealths for years and have no complaints other than some needed "finessing" during install.  I've definitely heard that their fitment can sometimes be an issue tho, so that's the gamble on these downpipes.
2014 Ford Flex Limited AWD EcoBoost - Full Amsoil Synthetic Fluids swap in engine and driveline, SCT X4 Tuner w/ multiple tunes for 93 + Meth, Dash-mount Tablet running Torque Pro Gauges w/ BT Wireless OBD Adapter, 170 T-stat, 3-Bar MAP sensor, Denso 1step Colder Spark Plugs, OBX Catless Downpipes, Magnaflow Downpipe-back 2.5" exhaust system, Magnaflow 2.5" X-Pipe, MDesign Carbon Direct Cold Air Intake (Latest Gen), UPR 3-way Catch Can System, Devil's Own Stage-2 3-Bar Methanol Injection System with custom Tank/Pump mount, EcoPowerParts Black powder-coated Charge Pipe kit, TIAL Q Race BOV in Ruby Red color-match, Power Stop Z23 Brake upgrade on all 4 corners with Drilled/Slotted Zinc Rotors and Carbon Fiber-infused Ceramic Pads with color-matched Ruby Red calipers, Moog upgraded Sway Bar Endlinks, lowered on Megan Racing EZ Street coilovers, SPC Rear Camber kit, Verde Axis V99 Bronze 20x9 wheels wrapped in 275/40 Nexens, Custom forged 4 1/2" spiked one-piece steel lugs, Kicker CompRT 12" Sub in custom spare tire-well box, Polk Audio Carbon C500.1 mono sub amp, All-Fit Front Lip Spoiler, 3D Carbon Rear Wing, Ruby Red vinyl wrapped interior trim, LED-lit "FLEX" Door Sills, Full LED Interior bulb swap, Red LED Accent lighting throughout, SpiderMax 3D Kagu black laser fit floor mats for all 3 rows, LED Puddle Light swap, Tinted LED Tails, Windows Tinted all around.

Frozen Blue

Quote from: djxfactor on April 27, 2017, 04:50:35 PM
I might be a willing guinea pig on those...

I've ran OBX exhaust products on both my Dodge Stealths for years and have no complaints other than some needed "finessing" during install.  I've definitely heard that their fitment can sometimes be an issue tho, so that's the gamble on these downpipes.

Very interested in your results if you go this route. I'd like to grab a set at some point if they fit decently.
2013 SHO non-pp
3 bar Map, 160° tstat
Powerstop Z23 rotors/pads
LMS v10

CroR1

I heard good things from some muscle forums about obx. it's just steel, as long as the fit is good.

I must say that these are pricey, but then again, some other brands are even more pricier.

FiveLeeter918

Anyone tried these yet? If everyone pitches in $20 ill buy a set and try them for research.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

FiveLeeter918

bueller? lol one thing I noticed is that if you go to the OBX website, there is NO mention of any products fitting the SHO. I sent them an email notifying them of the interest within the community and to see if they had any install guides or if they were willing to give out a set at a discount in order to get marketing material that could be used to increase sales.

Still open if anyone wants in on my $20 crowdfund idea... pitch in $20 and if it turns out to be a good buy then you'll save hundreds off SW and Livernois :)
- Lee

svt54

I am interested to see if these fit well. I know there were several of us that ran their long tubes on our Lightnings without issue. Most of the complaints as far as quality that I saw on OBX, were for their turbo headers for four bangers. They had issues with cracks at the turbo flange. Never really saw too many complaints on their other parts though.

I may end up being a guinea pig on these soon if nobody else bites.
2010 Flex Ecoboost - Tuned by Torrie / 3 bar MAP / NGK plugs / EPP hard pipes w/ Tial BOV / Megan Coilovers
2015 Flex non EB - the wife's

svt54

Ordered a set today. Hope to have a review up by next weeekend.
2010 Flex Ecoboost - Tuned by Torrie / 3 bar MAP / NGK plugs / EPP hard pipes w/ Tial BOV / Megan Coilovers

FiveLeeter918

well there goes my proposal haha. Who did you buy through? It worries me that these aren't listed on the OBX Racing website either.
- Lee

J-Will

Quote from: FiveLeeter918 on July 13, 2017, 03:16:10 PM
bueller?

Still open if anyone wants in on my $20 crowdfund idea... pitch in $20 and if it turns out to be a good buy then you'll save hundreds off SW and Livernois :)

people are not going to pitch in to buy you performance parts to 'guinea pig' when we have a pretty flooded downpipe market.  PPE, Livernois, SW and even unleashed used to have a set. For people to be in the least bit interested, you'd need to perform side by side comparisons on a dyno between stock and these.  Besides- your math means ~25 people for just the parts, more with runs on a dyno, which is a pretty high figure especially when you segment the market down to vehicles that the part would fit on and then again by those that are interested in purchasing downpipes in the future.

Now bring a new part, such as a CAC, then you'll have some interest
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

haunter

They are not known for quality in the car scenes I came from, known for cheapness and bad fitment......
13 SHO PP - 170 T-Stat, Sp-534's, 3Bar MAF, Unleashed Tune

FiveLeeter918

Quote from: J-Will on July 18, 2017, 08:11:34 AM
Quote from: FiveLeeter918 on July 13, 2017, 03:16:10 PM
bueller?

people are not going to pitch in to buy you performance parts to 'guinea pig' when we have a pretty flooded downpipe market.  PPE, Livernois, SW and even unleashed used to have a set. For people to be in the least bit interested, you'd need to perform side by side comparisons on a dyno between stock and these.  Besides- your math means ~25 people for just the parts, more with runs on a dyno, which is a pretty high figure especially when you segment the market down to vehicles that the part would fit on and then again by those that are interested in purchasing downpipes in the future.

Now bring a new part, such as a CAC, then you'll have some interest

3 companies selling bent piping for 400% profit is hardly a flooded market. Flooded is the Mustang market where 200 different companies make midpipes and you can buy stainless steel mandrel bent pips for $300.
- Lee

svt54

I bought them from a vendor called racingpartsdepot on ebay. Ordered them Sunday night. They shipped from California and arrived in Southern Indiana on Friday. They were packaged very well. The construction seems nice. Heavy guage pipe. All of the welds look good. I will post some pictures tomorrow. They are at the shop. I will post pics of the pipes as well as a review of the fit/install.

FiveLeeter918

- Lee

avidmotion

Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.