• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Battery charge?

Started by Gjkrisa, April 24, 2017, 02:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

ya, that is why when a software reset (KAM reset does not work), I say to do it the old fashioned way.  Pull the neg batt cable for 40 min or more.

Can you go more into the software side of accomplishing this?  Would help a LOT of folks.  TIA.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

Yeah a battery removal didn't fix the issue so what ever the inop mode did did something and maybe it had to have the battery pulled for longer then a few hours since the first day still had an issue till the next
I'll try to remember to post more in-depth about forscan next week should have lots of time 
Quote from: SHOdded on December 01, 2018, 02:22:54 AM
ya, that is why when a software reset (KAM reset does not work), I say to do it the old fashioned way.  Pull the neg batt cable for 40 min or more.

Can you go more into the software side of accomplishing this?  Would help a LOT of folks.  TIA.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Gjkrisa

Here is the video of what I did and a little example of what I was logging.
https://youtu.be/E6BlmRyWAFY

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Macgyver

I was having issues after a new battery install. AGM type.  Fully charged the battery. Did a combination of a KAM reset and leaving the Negative off over night then leaving the car locked over night again. No issues since. Who knows what worked.

Thanks for the video tho. Might need it in the future.

ZSHO

FWIW if your having issues with your Battery not holding a charge properly would check your Circuit Breaker Assembly which also has an integrated 100-amp Megafuse built in located next to the BJB. Z

DA8Z-14526-A  Production Date: 02/2012-

Circuit Breaker Assy

Includes Battery Positive Terminal Assy , Includes Megafuse , B+ Stud Cover , Fuse Box , Fuse panels and Relay panels..

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-circuit-breaker-asy_da8z-14526-a.html?Vin=1FAHP2KT5DG183206&Filter=()

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

To add I may have found a way to test the alternator
All accessories on heated seats steering wheel forgot the rear seat heaters vehicle off.

Vehicle off opened door so everything off

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Vehicle off all accessories on before voltage fully read dropped.
I'm really hoping this isn't accurate but that may explain the real reason my battery dies and have to trickle charge it all the time.

I tried placing a screw driver behind the alternator to see if it would magnitize and nothing and just thought maybe something is different with new alternators since Ford said they tested it was fine.

But 12.6 should be 90%

SHOdded

A few things to keep in mind ...

The OBD port data will always be compromised when testing electrical components with the vehicle off unless you know which modules are being activated.  The ignition has to be ON before OBD data can be read.  That by itself may be setting off a cascade of events, sort of like a computer preloading programs in cache.

The best way to know if there might be an issue is to use an amp clamp on the battery cables and record the values it shows when the vehicle is completely off.  You will see some pulsing at least for the first 8 hours as the PCM checks the battery - part of how the Battery Management System works.

Checking individual fuses for current draw or voltage drop is difficult with Maxi Fuses because there are no test ports for use while installed.

If you want to test your relays, a good way to do it is to unplug the charger without turning it off first :D  Worse the higher the rate of charge.  Yeah, I did that one time accidentally.  Several moments of anxiety followed.  Still seeing a therapist.

Gjkrisa

I remember seeing something on the cables that looked like a permanent amp clamp so I was curious if it would be in forscan and it was but yeah it's probably on the side after the battery and not alternator side but I also couldn't find it again. Don't remember where I saw it

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk