• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Best way to contact?

Started by FearlessAZ, April 19, 2017, 06:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FearlessAZ

I was wondering what is the best way to get in contact with someone from MDesign? Was trying to see about getting a replacement piece for my intake. I tried email, website form and Facebook Messenger. Thought maybe someone would have a phone number or they might see this. Any help is greatly appreciated.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

Colorado-SHOBro

I've emailed customer service through their website and gotten responses pretty promptly. I hope you were the original buyer for the intake or they won't even sell you replacement parts or deal with you at all really. :(
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

FearlessAZ

Sadly, I was not the original purchaser. I don't mind paying a reasonable price for the piece I need. Just trying to avoid buying a whole new intake. If it comes down to that, I would probably just put on stock box and get a drop in filter.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on April 19, 2017, 07:35:58 PM
I've emailed customer service through their website and gotten responses pretty promptly. I hope you were the original buyer for the intake or they won't even sell you replacement parts or deal with you at all really. :(
What is the purpose of that policy?

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: FearlessAZ on April 19, 2017, 09:32:55 PM
Sadly, I was not the original purchaser. I don't mind paying a reasonable price for the piece I need. Just trying to avoid buying a whole new intake. If it comes down to that, I would probably just put on stock box and get a drop in filter.
i'd be willing to bet they won't sell you a thing if you don't have proof of original purchase . . at least that's what they told me. i asked about buying a replacement air scoop and updated larger filter from the newest generation and they basically told me i was out of luck if i wasn't the original buyer. steered me away from buying a used kit from a forum member here. kind of seems like they want to twist peoples arms into buying a new kit from them directly. . they lost my business because of their policy though.
plan on fabbing my own since you can get the CF tube on ebay for cheap anyway lol.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Car-Truck-Carbon-Fiber-Air-Intake-Filter-3-Flexible-Tube-Ducting-Pipe-Hose-/351919536137?hash=item51f009f809%3Ag%3AL5gAAOSwux5YPODQ&_trkparms=pageci%253Af7ce368c-2574-11e7-aeaa-74dbd180a9ca%257Cparentrq%253A894a3f4615b0ac8034d98dfafffffa6b%257Ciid%253A6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

SHOdded

That would suck.  I guess they are not in the business of selling parts, so their actions are concomitant.  But they should say so openly.  Maybe the company is sold?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Manu taught me a new word just now.....

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/concomitant

Thanks SHOdded

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

FearlessAZ

I had to look up that word too. Now I got to fit it into my vocabulary.

The front scoop is the piece that broke. I always look my vehicles over before longs trips. I recently went on a trip from Phoenix to Kansas City. I checked under the hood before we left Phoenix. Everything looked good. I checked before we left Kansas City. Saw that front intake scoop was missing small chunk and cracked a bit. I'm unsure how that would happen from normal driving use. The wife never got into throttle when we would switch off and I never got real hard into it. I'm sure I can find someone local to put a fiberglass wrap to kinda refurbish it. But I would rather see if I can buy that piece.

I would completely understand not wanting to replace the part for free and that is not what I am asking from MDesign. I'm just asking for the opportunity to buy the scoop at a reasonable price. And if that is too much to ask, then I would be happy to take my money somewhere else. And at the very least, I would appreciate some sort of response back From MDesign. I emailed them April 08th, still nothing. Messaged on Facebook April 11th, still nothing. And I believe I filled out the form on their website maybe the 13th or 14? Unsure the date on that one.

I really love this intake and want to continue to use it but I don't see that being an option if I do not get things resolved.

SHOdded

Completely understandable.  I know I'd be p***ed off by that response.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FearlessAZ

I sent them another email this morning and finally got a response (weird how quick the response was when I didn't mention purchasing from someone else). Pretty much what Colorado said. They said they would replace part under warranty if I was original purchaser. Said they don't sell the parts individually. So I guess I am SOL for now. If I would have known that before, I probably would not have gone the route I did. Oh well. Learn from my mistake.

SHOdded

Maybe the original seller can help you out?

FearlessAZ

Hasnt been active or posted since November :( I believe he sold his SHO and was the reason why he was selling some stuff off.

lamrith

As a newer member here, thank you for sharing your experience.  It looks like a fantastic product, but with customer service and policies like that it is not something I would ever purchase, and having this cautionary thread will help others not get bit like you have.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

SHOdded

Quote from: FearlessAZ on April 20, 2017, 04:03:52 PM
Hasnt been active or posted since November :( I believe he sold his SHO and was the reason why he was selling some stuff off.
Pm or email anyway.   Ya never know

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: FearlessAZ on April 20, 2017, 01:43:59 PM
I sent them another email this morning and finally got a response (weird how quick the response was when I didn't mention purchasing from someone else). Pretty much what Colorado said. They said they would replace part under warranty if I was original purchaser. Said they don't sell the parts individually. So I guess I am SOL for now. If I would have known that before, I probably would not have gone the route I did. Oh well. Learn from my mistake.
sorry to hear but i'm not surprised. they  don't seem to be very interested in the ecoboost community as a whole but rather making profit and moving on. in reality though the intake scoop is the only thing proprietary to the mdesign intake. if you can duplicate that or find another means of feeding the filter you can recreate the design and even potentially make improvements along the way. it's not high on my priority list but that's what i intend to do over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.