• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Powerstop and 2013 SHO

Started by SHODRVR, April 18, 2017, 06:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joeyfuzz911

The daily driver kit.

Didn't even know about the top cop kit until a week after.   It's not a big deal. The only difference is in brake pads right?
2014 SHO nonpp, MDesign intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa catback, H&R springs, 170 tstat, 3 bar map sensor, matte black vinyl wrapped chrome trimming, smoke tinted tail lights, 20x9 +35 offset aftermarket wheels on 275/40 R20 Continental Extreme Contact Sports, Powerstop z23 brakes and drilled/slotted rotors, 35% tint, MSD coils, NGK 6510 gapped at 0.26 and AJPturbo 3 bar 93 tune.

12.82 @ 106.6mph w/ 1.82 60"

SHOdded

Yesssss but ... :D  For track or HD driving, I would rather have the Top Cop pads.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Sbouvia

The top cop kits is awesome, I put it in our 13
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.
1991 F Super Duty 2.5 ton dump truck w/ 7.3IDI

avidmotion

Wonder how the top cop pad kit would be vs the PP 13 brakes?
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

DerricksSho

wish I would have known about the top cop pads. ive had my kit on my car since the beginning of the year couldn't deal with the bad vibration of stock stuff anymore. Over all I like PowerStop looking at getting them for my mustang.
BrewCityBoost tuned,3 Bar, LMS thermostat
CAI M-Design upgraded stock turbo's
LMS down pipes (Catless) 3" Custom exhaust
H&R springs with spacers 275 40/20 4 corners Power Stop drilled and slotted rotters.... MODS must go on!!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Sbouvia on August 11, 2017, 07:48:13 PM
The top cop kits is awesome, I put it in our 13
What are the pads made out of on the top cop?

How is the dust?

SHOdded

Not much info out there on the Top Cop pads - ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I believe they are of Ceramic compound (low dust) brake pads.  Z

POWER STOP Z371611 Z37 Top Cop Severe Duty; Includes hardware & brake lube Info
Front; OE Ceramic

[Include brake pad abutment clips
Stainless steel shims for quiet operation
Quiet, low-dust ceramic formula
20 percent more stopping power than other brands.

POWER STOP Z371611 Z37 Top Cop Severe Duty; Includes hardware & brake lube Info
Front; OE Ceramic

$42.79

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=5269245&cc=1503823&jsn=10546

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,brake+&+wheel+hub,brake+pad,1684

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

gtmorgan23

Im going to be getting me a powerstop kit off amazon in the near future. When i had my wheel off during my PTU fluid change i noticed the pad was pretty low.

Might as well change them all.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O6QIMT0/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3HHKN6H9HK9AE&colid=1NZ51J9D0ESMM

going with that setup. will be great for cruising and having fun which is what I use mine for.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

Sbouvia

FoMoCoSho the dust was not bad after the break in. The break in they recommend made some serious dust. I took off all 4 wheels, cleaned and polished before I put the brakes on, so the wheels were super clean prior to the kit be installed. I took them off after the break in and did the same thing, there was some serious dust. After that time the dust was no worse than original. I followed the break in procedure on the power stop site verbatim. The only issue I had was the chirpers*(auto correct got me) for the front pads did not work, so I cut them off.
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.
1991 F Super Duty 2.5 ton dump truck w/ 7.3IDI

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: gtmorgan23 on October 12, 2017, 04:54:01 PM
Im going to be getting me a powerstop kit off amazon in the near future. When i had my wheel off during my PTU fluid change i noticed the pad was pretty low.

Might as well change them all.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O6QIMT0/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3HHKN6H9HK9AE&colid=1NZ51J9D0ESMM

going with that setup. will be great for cruising and having fun which is what I use mine for.
Top Cop is in my cart and about $12.00 more...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O6QHY4E/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2YJSV4O9ELLJ6&psc=1

SHOdded

Will be good to have a review soon!  Since they are rated for cop/fleet duty, I sure hope they perform.

Bronco2fan

I just ordered the Top Cop kit from Carid. They were super helpful. They even called Powerstop for me to verify fitment on 2013 PP SHO. Then they price matched the lowest price I found on Amazon. Good people there. I'll let you all know how good they perform after I install. Gotta wait for the caliber paint I ordered too lol. Then wait 24 hours to drive her so it can set up.
2019 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue 5.0 PP, 2015 Audi Q7 TFSI Quattro. 2013 Ruby Red Metallic, PP.  06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition, 03 Mustang GT Conv, 84 Bronco II, and my 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2.

SHOdded

Good luck!  Hope it all works out delightfully :D

avidmotion

Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.