• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Snow Meth Kit + 2.5 gal tank fits behind front, driver's side bumper (13 XSport)

Started by JimBob_SF, April 08, 2017, 08:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBob_SF

I'm taking picture that I"ll post tomorrow, but the Snow 2.5 gallon tank easily fits in the open space behind the bumper cover on the driver's side.  I had planned for weeks to live with using the stock washer tank, but when I took off the front bumper cover (far easier than you would think (watch this in slow motion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XasBA0WExyo).

I was able to drill/tap the holes to use the Snow brackets and easily fit the pump below the tank outlet as well, so I don't need to fit the solenoid.  I got a filler neck from a BMW that will fit into the big Snow tank easily.  This is actually going to be clean, relatively simple, and well hidden.

I've got a ton more pictures.  I just have to find more time to post.

JimBob_SF

Wild13SHO

There is plenty of room on the drivers side.  I was able to fit an AEM 1 gallon tank and pump.  I'm interested to see how you fit a 2.5 gallon tank. 

Oops, didn't notice you had a '13 XSport, that explains why you can get a 2.5 gallon tank behind the bumper.  Mine was in a SHO.
Current:
2016 F150 2.7L Ecoboost.  Stock for Now
SOLD:
2013 SHO 400A, PP

JimBob_SF

JimBob_SF

This is comical.  I'm all set to button this thing up and don't know which of the four MAP wires carry the signal.  I call Snow and they don't know.  They are incredibly friendly and willing to help, but I've gotten "I don't know" on several questions that one would need to know in order to install this.  So, I'm burning almost as much time figuring out things on my own.  Yes, I'm pretty "not happy" that I have to do all the homework.

So, anyone know which of the 4 wires carries the MAP return signal?

Update 1 After it's Running:
Mike is a rock star (http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=524.0), he posted a picture of the pinout for the MAP sensor.

Also, thank you SHOdded!

Now on to the next challenge... Figuring out how to convert all the documentation, which is 99% about MAF, to our MAP sensor.  I was told to use the SW4 jumper settings inside the controller because our MAP sensor is likely in the 0-5V range (still have to find the true voltage range of the 3 bar MAP sensor).  It's not turning on, but I only just figured out which MAP line to tap into.

Update 2: Lo and behold, there's tons of data on the voltage curve of the Ford MAP sensors.  Thank goodness;)  Check that, there's tons of data on GM's MAP sensor, some on Bosch, and Google didn't find anything on Ford's...

Hey SHOdded, what's the difference between MAP and VREF?  I took #1, assuming it would be the 0-5V value I need.  Update:  I think VREF is 5V going in and the MAP is the return voltage based on pressure.  So, a 5V MAP has 5V going in via the VREF line and MAP returns 0-5V.  Did I get that right?

Final Update for the Night:  IT IS ALIVE!  I've got LMS 93 Octane map in there and I live in a place where sewage water likely has a higher octane.  That's all I wanted, to get the effective octane high enough to run a 93 map.  Thank goodness I've got a RXP Catch Can sitting here to go in next because the throttle body was soaked in oil.

I'll put up more picture and I'm sending a ton to Snow so they can share the knowledge for the next folks in line.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

JimBob_SF

I'll post more pictures this weekend.  It's been bulletproof.  I've got the latest Livernois 3 bar v5 93 oct map in and it's a joy to drive.

JimBob_SF

I put a VC-50 controller so I could see/adjust things from inside the cabin.  Look in the classifieds in a day or two if you're thinking about this one...