• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Tracked the SHO

Started by Half-Fast, April 04, 2017, 09:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brucelinc

For what it is worth, I had an Aeroforce gauge on my MKS for most of its life and now have the gauge on my Continental.  It takes a LOOOOOG time for the transmission to reach maximum temp but I would eventually see 200-205 on the MKS after driving 20 miles or so at higher Interstate speeds.  Strangely, I never really saw maximum temps at the track where I would expect to.  Instead, I always saw max temps when running at higher speeds (80 MPH or so) on the highway.

I haven't had the Conti to the track yet but on a recent trip to Texas cruising down the Kansas turnpike at around 80, I was seeing around 205.  Just driving around town or at lower speeds on the freeway, it only runs around 190 and and doesn't reach that until after maybe 20-25 minutes of driving.

bpd1151

My tranny temps typically have hovered around the 180 range (or slightly less) on most days, after having installed the aux retro cooler.

Some expereinces contained within this thread I authored:

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=522.0

On hot days, 90 degrees+ and driving the e-way for any extended period, or racing at the track, I would see it rise over 190 and as high as 200, but no higher.

I have a new aux trans cooler that has a fan incorporated with it, from DERALE, and for the time being, it has been collecting dust on the shelf.

I'll get to it this year, but the OEM one from Ford has performed above my own expectations.

Hope that is of some help to the discussiom at hand.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk