• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Crash712us, Chris Curtis not well

Started by bamsho, April 05, 2017, 03:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamsho

Just to let some of you know.  Chris (Crash712us), is not well.  He has terminal cancer, and possibly  only has couple more weeks to live.   He was the creater of the 3 gauge pod that some of us have.  Please keep him and his family in your prayers and thoughts as they go thru this terrible time.  Im sure he has helped some of us here.  Will be a big lose to the  Ecoboost  community.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

AJP turbo

Yes it will be a huge loss..terrible thing..i enjoyed his product...thank you crash
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

My thought's and prayers are with him and his family at this crucial time.
Please let me/us know if there is anything we can possibly do to help and so so sorry to hear that and appreciate the update,thanks.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Holy S***!  That is one bombshell, Brian!  Greatly saddened to hear, and following so close on Tony's heels too.  Chris, our prayers are with you and your family.  We all hope 4 the best for all of you.  I wish I had gotten to know you in person, you have been a stalwart of the Ford community ...  As Z said, anything we can do to help please let us know!

One of my favorite videos with Chris & Mike:
! No longer available
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Yea, I am equally at a loss with this untimely information about Chris.

I was aware he has been suffering for several months now, and have tried in vain to both text message, and call him, hoping to get Chris himself.

Then, I found out a couple of days ago that Chris' condition had worsened dramatically and as of this post, Chris' family members have reported he is only expected to have 2, possibly 3 weeks left.

There are no words. I couldn't even bring myself to post anything, so I am thankful Brian has.

Between Tony Fullone's passing this past Sunday, and now this..... just at a loss.

I am forever indebted to Chris. A very kind, down to earth man. Chris opened his house to me, and on several occassions at that, to stay overnight, on my many trips to Michigan.

All the dyno sessions at LMS. The multiple LMS Customer Appreciation track events, etc. Chris never hesitated.

So many fond memories. The lunches, the dinners, the drinks, the racing around throughout his area.

I was also instrumental in convincing Chris to replicate his gauge pod for me. It was because of my constant encouraging  (or rather badgering) that prompted him to make a mold of his, and sell them to all of us.

I insisted that Chris autograph and number mine, as I expected them to sell and sell, and sell. Chris' pod is number one and mine was/is #2 in his production of them....

Then Chris, who is an employee of Ford Motor Co. being employed at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant (FRAP) was instrumental in supplying me with the engine hood vents that are still in/on my SHO to this very day.

Chris worked in the paint department,  and even painted them for me and shipped them to me. The FRAP assembles the Mustang at that facility, so when I saw those vents on two brand new 2013 Mustang GT at my local stealership being unloaded off a car carrier, Chris voluntarily reached out to me back then when I was trying to source part #'s etc. and Chris came through.

There are so many wonderful things I can go on about Chris, that recalling those memories, and knowing his time with us is limited, that I find tears swelling once again while typing.

So many deaths as of late, both of family and close friends, really has me in a dark place.

Sigh. Prayers that Chris can transition smoothly and comfortably into the afterlife, and prayers that his family will have their sadness quelled, knowing Chris was top notch in every regard.

Race into the sunset Chris......

https://youtu.be/RgKAFK5djSk

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

EcoPowerParts

This is so horrible to hear, as I say almost daily F cancer!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

mval

shodded thanks for finding that video of chris. i think all of us that talked or work with chris are in shock that he could be going so fast from us. as i stated often, the best aftermarket gauge pod ever made & i have judged & participated in many car shows in my time, in fact makes most of the factory ones look bad. we had talked about coming up with an A pillar version like bpd's several times, but just never got off the ground. we also had conversed that he had worked at flat rock where my '89 mazda gt came out, those days that ford probes & mazda's came off the same line & he might even have worked on my '89. if there's a race track in the sky chris will be there waiting for us.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

SHOdded

Chris is a skilled craftsman, and he is bound to make his mark wherever he is/goes.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Here's one of Chris's most recent posts,so so sorry man.  Z
There will never be another one like him.
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2177.15.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

pejohnson

Very sad to hear about Chris's health conditions.  I've met Chris a few times and also have one of his beautifully crafted gage pods.  Great guy with a big heart!  Phil
13 Platinum White, PP, 402A, Moonroof, Multi-contour seats, and Navigation.  MODS - LMS 93 octane 3bar tune, 160 LMS thermostat, Airaid CAI, 15% tint, interior LED upgrade, LED puddle lights, Nurburgring 20" Gloss Black Powercoated Rims, H&R springs, Corsa catback exhaust, LMS catted downpipes

Best time 1/4 mile 12.588 sec @ 109.44 mph

hawkeye93

I don't know Chris, just his reputation, sounds like a wonderful guy.  I wish Chris & his family the best.  God bless!
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

Wardog692

I don't know Chris outside the forums, but I do remember seeing his name quite often, always quick to help out. And not to mention, his craftsmanship is second to none. Sending prayers to Chris and his family.
2010 SHO 402b non PP
BOV VTA w/ K&N Breather Filters
mDesign CAI
35% Tint
BrakePerformance drilled/slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads

bpd1151

Chris Curtis passed away this morning.

Please say a prayer or two for his family, as well as for Chris' smooth transition into his afterlife.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

FearlessAZ

I am sad to hear that :'(

I didn't know him but have heard quite a bit about him and his reputation just in the short time I have been in the Ecoboost community. My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends during this time.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

ZSHO

I'm deeply sadened to hear this turn in event and my prayers and thoughts are with his family at this fragile time and if there is anything we can do to help out please do not hesitate to ask. Z
Chris will Truly and dearly be missed.  :rip: