• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

My 2016 Explorer Platinum

Started by jonnoriega, April 05, 2017, 02:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonnoriega

Hello, all.  This is my 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum.
Here are some of the modifications that I have done to it and are planning to do still but I welcome to hear any comments and/or recommendations!

CobraHD Dual Dash Cam
K&N CAI
H&R Lowering Springs
Velgen VMB6 Wheels 20"x10.5" 45mm offset
Yokohama Parada Spec X 295/45R20 114V RF
Brake Calipers painted with G2 Paint
All installed by the most honest and best guys in the business
Car1ONE GoodYear auto in Barrington, IL

Window and tail light tints and murdered out and custom vinyl wrap job done done by:
Top Coverage in Elgin, IL
Rage Wraps in Medinah, IL
Midwest Vinyl & Tint in St. Charles, IL

Next to be done:
Livernoise Tune (or other recommendations from forums)
Borla Exhaust (or other recommendations from forums) - I want a noticeable but not obnoxious tone.

2016 Explorer Platinum

djxfactor

2014 Ford Flex Limited AWD EcoBoost - Full Amsoil Synthetic Fluids swap in engine and driveline, SCT X4 Tuner w/ multiple tunes for 93 + Meth, Dash-mount Tablet running Torque Pro Gauges w/ BT Wireless OBD Adapter, 170 T-stat, 3-Bar MAP sensor, Denso 1step Colder Spark Plugs, OBX Catless Downpipes, Magnaflow Downpipe-back 2.5" exhaust system, Magnaflow 2.5" X-Pipe, MDesign Carbon Direct Cold Air Intake (Latest Gen), UPR 3-way Catch Can System, Devil's Own Stage-2 3-Bar Methanol Injection System with custom Tank/Pump mount, EcoPowerParts Black powder-coated Charge Pipe kit, TIAL Q Race BOV in Ruby Red color-match, Power Stop Z23 Brake upgrade on all 4 corners with Drilled/Slotted Zinc Rotors and Carbon Fiber-infused Ceramic Pads with color-matched Ruby Red calipers, Moog upgraded Sway Bar Endlinks, lowered on Megan Racing EZ Street coilovers, SPC Rear Camber kit, Verde Axis V99 Bronze 20x9 wheels wrapped in 275/40 Nexens, Custom forged 4 1/2" spiked one-piece steel lugs, Kicker CompRT 12" Sub in custom spare tire-well box, Polk Audio Carbon C500.1 mono sub amp, All-Fit Front Lip Spoiler, 3D Carbon Rear Wing, Ruby Red vinyl wrapped interior trim, LED-lit "FLEX" Door Sills, Full LED Interior bulb swap, Red LED Accent lighting throughout, SpiderMax 3D Kagu black laser fit floor mats for all 3 rows, LED Puddle Light swap, Tinted LED Tails, Windows Tinted all around.

TSS

2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

MiWiAu

Nice! How did you do the red stripes on the doors? I was thinking about similar red inlays in my doors, but wasn't sure I wanted to commit to paint. Did you paint your plastic, or is that all vinyl??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

jonnoriega

Quote from: MiWiAu on April 05, 2017, 11:28:38 PM
Nice! How did you do the red stripes on the doors? I was thinking about similar red inlays in my doors, but wasn't sure I wanted to commit to paint. Did you paint your plastic, or is that all vinyl??

All vinyl my friend and if you live in the Chicago area, I got a couple of guys that are great in St. Charles.  I wish I was handier around my car.  I could have save a ton of money.  Thank you for the compliment. 
2016 Explorer Platinum

MiWiAu

Quote from: jonnoriega on April 05, 2017, 11:30:43 PM
Quote from: MiWiAu on April 05, 2017, 11:28:38 PM

All vinyl my friend and if you live in the Chicago area, I got a couple of guys that are great in St. Charles.  I wish I was handier around my car.  I could have save a ton of money.  Thank you for the compliment.

Awesome! I'm in Milwaukee (grew up in Chicago), so not too far away. :)

Did they have any concerns over the longevity of the vinyl applied to the plastic trim?

I might give it a go myself. I like to mess with that kind of stuff, and I'm not worried about ruining anything with vinyl. Worst case, I'll ruin some vinyl and have to take it somewhere to do it right. LOL

I'll keep your installer recommendations in mind after I blow through $150 in material trying to do it myself. Haha

2013 XSport

jonnoriega

Not at all.  I wash it frequently plus they guaranteed it for as long as I have the car which is pretty damned cool.  If anything happens to it (peeling, coming off), they'll fix it..
2016 Explorer Platinum

bpd1151

Streamwood's not all that far from me.

Possible meet ups and/or photo ops in the making. I like what you've done with the Explorer thus far.

Go Hawk's!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jonnoriega

Quote from: bpd1151 on April 06, 2017, 12:09:09 AM
Streamwood's not all that far from me.

Possible meet ups and/or photo ops in the making. I like what you've done with the Explorer thus far.

Go Hawk's!

Cool man!  I travel a lot and have met a few friends through forums. Is that your Taurus?  Would love to trade ideas with you. I want my car to go faster!!!
2016 Explorer Platinum

bpd1151

Quote from: jonnoriega on April 06, 2017, 01:55:16 AMCool man!  I travel a lot and have met a few friends through forums. Is that your Taurus?  Would love to trade ideas with you. I want my car to go faster!!!

It is "THE" Taurus, and yes, I am it's owner.