• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ford Flex service manual awd info AND how to control it

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 29, 2013, 09:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Just found this,  Ford can energize the atcc with their scan tool .
Need to figure out how to replicate this

Sent from my phone with lots of misspelled words...
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

breeves002

Well looks like we need a Ford subscription with a J2534 pass through device! EDIT: I'm wrong....and an idiot. You need an actual dealer scan tool to do this.

They obviously energize it through a diagnostic mode. Just have the computer with you and leave it in diagnostic mode. Looks like they are testing for axle windup.

What happens when you run the AWD self test? Does it say you need to have the car in park?
SHO Lover and Advanced Diagnostics Enthusiast
2008 Mercury Sable Premier - 3.5L N/A Duratec

EcoPowerParts

If there's an AWD self test I don't know how to activate it.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

breeves002

In FORScan when you go to one section it has self tests for every single module. Click on the awd/4x4 module and run the self test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

EcoPowerParts

I did the self test, just said everything is OK.
I don't think the AWD system is an issue any more, I was doing some logging and as soon as I power brake the car it brings up the AWD system. Just have to get past the whole if it spins shut the throttle scenario.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

breeves002

I'm going to do some more thinking and post back here.

Install a cable driven throttle :P Kidding of course.

Maybe find a way to instead of replicating the ABS data, simulating it. You'd need to have a computer that could basically tell the ABS computer that all wheels are rotating at the same speed (which should be the speed your VSS shows).

These cars have a VSS, right? Or is it through the ABS sensors. If thats the case this may not work. It's a long shot, but just brainstorming ideas.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: breeves002 on July 30, 2013, 08:19:34 PM
I'm going to do some more thinking and post back here.

Install a cable driven throttle :P Kidding of course.

Maybe find a way to instead of replicating the ABS data, simulating it. You'd need to have a computer that could basically tell the ABS computer that all wheels are rotating at the same speed (which should be the speed your VSS shows).

These cars have a VSS, right? Or is it through the ABS sensors. If thats the case this may not work. It's a long shot, but just brainstorming ideas.
These cars have a different sensor, I'm senile so I forget but it's a driveshaft rotation sensor that could be turned into mph or simulate abs I'm sure.

Sent from my phone with lots of misspelled words...
www.ecopowerparts.com -

breeves002

Well then intercept that signal (is it over CAN it is it just a voltage?) then replicate it back to the abs. Easier said than done but you could create a device to do it with proper electrical engineering skills and programming know how.

EcoPowerParts

I just unplugged the ABS "fuse" and tried, car is in limp home mode. No bueno.
I'm thinking I might be able to do something as simple as cut the trigger wires on the ABS sensor leads and put a relay and some diodes on there. Flip a switch, back replicates to front, switch off everything works like stock.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

breeves002

Really, it went into a limp home mode? That makes no sense. It shouldn't do that if just the abs module isn't getting power... Try unplugging the power cable at the abs module if you can get to it. I think there are two connectors, one data, one power.

What did it do on the limp home mode? Check codes and post what it listed. Make sure to check codes on all modules.

Gray Brick

Any progress on this yet?

I would like 100% power to all 4 wheels for 3-4 second.:)
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gray Brick

2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!