• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2017 Lincoln MKZ - Limp Mode - No rolling starts - More FUN

Started by 14SHOCAR, April 01, 2017, 02:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

Quote from: SHOdded on April 17, 2017, 10:05:41 PM
I would say the dealership did good!

So far so good. I haven't had this problem come up again.

My friend had a Bluetooth scanner that he let me take to scan for codes. Nothing came back...

Though I did play with a few other logging items... (and no AJP -- no Strategy code searchable on this device :(    )

18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

SHOdded

Not used to seeing LTFTs like that on the Ecoboost, looking more for near zero.  I suppose under continuously varying/random loads it could happen, but not on a new/new-ish car?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on April 28, 2017, 11:33:16 PM
Not used to seeing LTFTs like that on the Ecoboost, looking more for near zero.  I suppose under continuously varying/random loads it could happen, but not on a new/new-ish car?

Hmmm... I have seen quite a few datalogs on a stock ecoboost... most of them have some variance on the LTFTs... especially if it's been cold outside. His STFT is -2.3 so it's not terribly far off...

14SHOCAR

I was at 5600ish RPMs at the snapshot. I'd be happy to pull a data log under normal loads...
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

14SHOCAR

***UPDATE*** Sept 12th

Well, it happened again. This time I got a video to show the messages on the screen. I'll be taking it to the dealership to have them scan for codes. Hopefully they find something. I'll post the crappy video later today.

Anyone else have this issue??

It was accelerating this time from a stop sign after a cold start. 90miles left in gas. I was not accelerating quick at all. It was in a neighborhood full of stop signs every block.

Brenton
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

Ramairetransam

this is crazy , its got to be an electrical issue. I really hope they fix it and are able to get this straightened out . I know i went through issues with my lincoln and ended up at 5 dealers , 2 that didnt want to work on it and finally a decent one in the end .
13 Mks Ecoboost