• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2017 Lincoln MKZ - Limp Mode - No rolling starts - More FUN

Started by 14SHOCAR, April 01, 2017, 02:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Im pretty comfortable saying you simply hit reduced power mode(limp mode)...cant say why though...could be a tune problem....wouldnt worry about it but it is ashame....updated ford tunes had items that specifically addressed that and helped so im surprised it still happens as much...but that's assuming its a tune problem
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

14SHOCAR

18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

AJP turbo

Yeah thats a bit strange...send me that strategy when you can
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Brucelinc

That service advisor obviously doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.  I am beginning to wonder about the tech. 

14SHOCAR

Quote from: Brucelinc on April 05, 2017, 04:19:41 PM
That service advisor obviously doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.  I am beginning to wonder about the tech.

The service advisor said he was going to call me back in 30 minutes from when I sent that post... Still holding my breath.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

lamrith

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on April 05, 2017, 06:08:03 PM
Quote from: Brucelinc on April 05, 2017, 04:19:41 PM

The service advisor said he was going to call me back in 30 minutes from when I sent that post... Still holding my breath.
Maybe time to get the service manager, or regional service manager involved.  You are more patient than I.  Brand new 2017 with oddball issue that could cause a serious accident and then vague response from service writer....  I am hoping they put you up in a nice fully loaded loaner car at least.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Brucelinc

14SHOCAR

Sorry for the delay on the updates. I have a bit more ridiculousness to talk about as an update.... I finally ended up losing my cool last Friday as it pertains to my car. The dealership never called me back as I had asked. I left an extended message on Friday morning stating "I've been extremely patient and I haven't gotten a call back from you about my car.". About an hour later, I got a call from the service advisor (of course I missed the call), and he asked if one of his technicians could take the car for the weekend to see if the issue happens again. Infuriated, I called back and said "I will not let one of your mechanics joy ride in my car over the weekend, especially since "nothing is wrong". 

So I stopped in and spoke with the sales guy -- who I've worked with on 4 vehicles, and he lit a fire underneath everyone about my car. I ended up speaking with the General Manager and Service Manager. We found out something very interesting.... Sync 3 does not have the "vehicle health report" anymore. In fact, they removed the feature. So really, all we could do is scan for DTCs which were blank. So we were brainstorming what would cause the DTCs to clear without any intervention.

With it being seemingly an electrical issue, they thought maybe it was a bad cell in my battery. (as if I activated traction control when I was turning / accelerating, and it dipped the voltage to a level that screwed up my car.) Now AJP -- before you tell me how all levels of bullsh*** this is. I agree. I was giving the dealership an opportunity to fix the vehicle per... the lemon law.

So they kept my vehicle over the weekend to do "battery tests". I got a call Monday where they told me they were "charging my battery over the weekend" and they found a bad cell in the battery. Little did they know, I stopped at the vehicle on Sunday (dealerships are closed on Sundays in Wisconsin) to get my sunglasses. I was able to unlock the car, and I resynced my phone to the car after we did a master reset of the Sync system. (in our efforts to find out that there is no vehicle health report). Yup... charging my battery.

I really don't buy the "bad battery story". They had my car for a total of 10 days to figure out what's wrong with the vehicle. I had to go to a conference in Chicago on Monday so I ended up taking the loaner down here -- putting miles on the loaner instead. In the mean time, they are sending my car to the body shop to do a free "ding" repair on my driver side door from some ass hat that opened their door into my car.

So all in all........ leaves me pretty angry. Is there a complaint line that I can call about this with Lincoln? This IS an issue.
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

lamrith

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on April 11, 2017, 09:09:36 PM
So they kept my vehicle over the weekend to do "battery tests". I got a call Monday where they told me they were "charging my battery over the weekend" and they found a bad cell in the battery. Little did they know, I stopped at the vehicle on Sunday (dealerships are closed on Sundays in Wisconsin) to get my sunglasses. I was able to unlock the car, and I resynced my phone to the car after we did a master reset of the Sync system. (in our efforts to find out that there is no vehicle health report). Yup... charging my battery.
So wait they claimed to be charging your battery, and not only did they not have it charging, but they left your car out in the open in an unsecured location that you had access to while the business was closed?

WOW you really have maintained your cool.  I would have torn them up if I got a message like that which was a flat out lie.  That is why nobody trusts dealer or even mechanics in general anymore.  MAYBE they charged it Fri-Sat and decided it was a bad battery, so took it off the charger, bug maybe.  And still why leave your car outside where anyone can get access to it.  Customers rig to me should be at least behind a locked gate. 

Big question for you, is there another Lincoln or Ford dealer anywhere around?  Have you tried to find/contact the regional lincoln rep?  Might be worth a call/email and ask him if there is another dealer you can use.  I would make sure to let your sales guy know the weekend events and message you were left. 
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

ZSHO

I would of Hung there nuts out to dry!!!!!!

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

14SHOCAR

I sent an email to the Owner of the dealership and CC'd the Sales rep. I gave both praise and criticism and am trying my best to stay calm. I learned a very interesting thing when I did a lemon law claim on my BMW. The dealership doesn't have to work with you. Its an agreement between you and the manufacturer.

Probably why I'm being so nice -- The dealership doesn't "have" to fix anything.
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

lamrith

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on April 11, 2017, 11:13:56 PM
I sent an email to the Owner of the dealership and CC'd the Sales rep. I gave both praise and criticism and am trying my best to stay calm. I learned a very interesting thing when I did a lemon law claim on my BMW. The dealership doesn't have to work with you. Its an agreement between you and the manufacturer.

Probably why I'm being so nice -- The dealership doesn't "have" to fix anything.
That is interesting, I would think as the only physical local front for the Co and the seller of the vehicle that they would have legal responsibility to help.  Though they are not Mfg owned so I can see that side of it as well.  Either way, the fact they lied is pretty ridiculous.  Wishing the best for you, I am sure you just want it fixed, but phantom electrical or other issues that cannot be identified are the worst as you never know if they are fixed or just waiting the next event.

DerricksSho

sorry to hear all your troubles and hope you get them worked out nothing worse than working hard for something you cant enjoy.
BrewCityBoost tuned,3 Bar, LMS thermostat
CAI M-Design upgraded stock turbo's
LMS down pipes (Catless) 3" Custom exhaust
H&R springs with spacers 275 40/20 4 corners Power Stop drilled and slotted rotters.... MODS must go on!!

14SHOCAR

Update is as follows:

I spoke with the sales guy and the general manager in-person about my car. They performed an oil change on the car with a paper filter to make sure there were no metal shavings in the oil. The oil was metal free.

They still insist it was a bad cell in the battery of the car. I am not entirely sure how that could cause ECU issues but since I got the car back, I've had no issues what-so-ever. I've run the gas low and have been trying to replicate the issue. So far, I can't. I'll be ready with camera in hand, however, if it happens again.

I did notice an electrical fluctuation in the rear dome light in the car. The rear LED is pulsing right now... which I'll have a video of sometime in the future. Annoying but not urgent. The front dome lights are just fine.

So, whatever the issue was, it's gone for now.
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!