• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What should i do

Started by mcrmb1, April 07, 2017, 08:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcrmb1

I have a 2010 Ford Flex Limited 3.5L Eco-boost bone stock turbo died what should i put on it
2010 Ford Flex Limited 3.5L Eco-boost Upgraded Timing and water pump to 2012 version

StealBlueSho

Quote from: mcrmb1 on April 07, 2017, 08:02:40 AM
I have a 2010 Ford Flex Limited 3.5L Eco-boost bone stock turbo died what should i put on it

Are you tuned? If not another stock turbo would make the most sense...

Otherwise to get the most out of an aftermarket turbo factor in the cost of a tuner.

Gjkrisa

I think you wants to be told you should upgrade or rebuild upgrade but will need a tune to go with two turbos

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

AJP turbo

SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

66 Galaxie

Original poster needs to tell us what his goals are, stock power, tuned power, max power or ?? 
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

mcrmb1

sorry had to run to the shop earlier OK i'm bone stock new to the turbo and flex world so i have figured out

used turbo with  20k 1 year warr. for 600- or

new 1 year warr. for 950 or

upgrade to EPP for 1600 no warr or

ATP warranty is limited to repair for 2500

so i know im going to have to tune it

ATP said there wont work without a tune and im kind of weary of 500+ hp ripping the drivetrain apart

EPP said i would not notice any diff. from stock without tune

or can i do better with stock turbos and tuner map sensor pipes thermostat catch can or something like that
2010 Ford Flex Limited 3.5L Eco-boost Upgraded Timing and water pump to 2012 version

66 Galaxie

Are you including labor in your pricing?  If not, you should be able to get better pricing on new stock units which list for $650-700 per turbo and Tascaparts.com offers them for less than $500 plus shipping.
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

mcrmb1

Yes i will be doing all labor all the prices were non labor for both left and right or front and back depending on how you look at it

paokara777

Quote from: mcrmb1 on April 07, 2017, 09:14:11 PM

ATP said there wont work without a tune and im kind of weary of 500+ hp ripping the drivetrain apart

You can get 500+ HP with just a bigger turbo?
Are these wheel HP or crank HP numbers?
Daily Drive:
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, AJP 3BAR 93, K&N drop in
Weekend Cruiser:
1968 Ford Mustang Coupe 289 C Code
4Bl Carb, HiPo Cam, Headers and Exhaust

bamsho

Bigger turbos would require you to run meth injection, or when they come to the market, bigger HPFP's.  All would require  a 3 bar, plus tune.

2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bamsho on April 08, 2017, 06:31:08 AM
Bigger turbos would require you to run meth injection, or when they come to the market, bigger HPFP's.  All would require  a 3 bar, plus tune.

No meth required with bigger turbos. it would help, but is not required. The reduction in IATs from bigger turbos alone would be nice..

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|