• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Tuned Wife's 2013 Escape

Started by bamsho, April 01, 2017, 07:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamsho

We received back the used MyCal from Livernois that I had reflashed for Kris's 2013 Escape with the 2.0. I showed her how to load the tune files in. Since we had to go get our daughter for the weekend she got to drive it. Her first impressions are she loved how there is very little throttle effort now and transmission shifts are way better - not lazy. I drove it this morning, yeah big time improvement over stock. Biggest thing I noticed is that now you can boost launch it without it falling on its face, and yes I agree, the transmission shifts are way better. Running the 93 V6 tune right now, but they sent a 93 Aggressive too. That will come later. Base runs at Beaver Spring were 15.48 and 15.88, couldn't boost launch at all. So hoping for low 15.10's to 15.00's

Hopefully mother nature will settle down and I hope to get some base line passes on the 93 V8 meth tunes, cause I was told, someone put some time on the 93 V10 meth tunes and should be stronger than the V8 version. Sunday is supposed to be dry and sunny in the low 60's. So fingers crossed.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

SHOdded

I am just glad there is a tune now for the 2.0 for something besides the Focus!  Hopefully LME will also provide a tune for the 2.0 in the Edge, they really need it.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bamsho

Yeah I'm glad they do too.  Very noticeable improvemt.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

Brucelinc

DAMN!  Everyone has a tune except me!  I am about ready to throw my Continental away and go buy an SHO or about any other FOMOCO product so I have something that I can tune!! 

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bamsho

Had the Escape at the track this past weekend.  Ran better than expected.  Gained 3 tenths of a second, went from 15.48 to 15.16.  That's amazing.  Also dam near beat a Cobb tuned Focus ST.  He passed me just past the 1000' mark, but I had a quicker ET than him.  I'm sure he was embaressed some.

Bklynite

SHOdded, how do you feel about tuning direct into the ECU ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 SHO - Catless 2.5 Downpipes, GH Intercooler, K&N air filter, JLT Cath Can, H&R Coil Springs

AJP turbo

Quote from: Bklynite on April 04, 2017, 03:34:11 PM
SHOdded, how do you feel about tuning direct into the ECU ?

What do you mean?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

bpd1151

Quote from: Brucelinc on April 01, 2017, 10:20:19 AM
DAMN!  Everyone has a tune except me!  I am about ready to throw my Continental away and go buy an SHO or about any other FOMOCO product so I have something that I can tune!!
There's a sweet silver Lincoln for sale by a member here. Like $11k.

Go pick that up and tune it / mod it

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Bklynite

I got a quote from a fella at Dynotune in south miami says he can tune it for 650$ without the SCT Tuner, he would go directly into ECU, any adjustment id have to go back to him, what do you think ?

2011 SHO - Catless 2.5 Downpipes, GH Intercooler, K&N air filter, JLT Cath Can, H&R Coil Springs

bamsho

The only issue I have with that, is that whats happens if you need to go back to stock, you can't.  That would be my only issue with this.

Bklynite

80 hp is what i would gain according to him, does that sound right?

bamsho

Seems little high, but doable.   Seems like he is really turning up the boost.  If he is getting that amount of gains, I would call Livernois and get a 160 Tstat.  That thing will make a lot of heat.

Bklynite

Ok , thank you for the reply!
I got a quote from Livernois for 750$ w/ handheld, 3bar and thermostat, i will go that route instead.

lamrith

Quote from: Bklynite on April 06, 2017, 11:57:33 AM
I got a quote from a fella at Dynotune in south miami says he can tune it for 650$ without the SCT Tuner, he would go directly into ECU, any adjustment id have to go back to him, what do you think ?

For $650 you could have SCTx4, one step colder plugs, 3bar MAP and an airfilter which are the primary items to make these cars gain the most power.  That way you get a physical programmer in your hands that lets you return to stock whenever you want or get more tunes from many vendors.

Contact Unleashed and/or AJP on this forum.  Both provide outstanding customer service and create great performing tunes with SCT.  Plus they will both ROAD TUNE your car with the fuel you normally use by having you datalog and they adjust the tune just for your car.  If your car is a DD I think that sort of tuning is indispensable.  Dyno's are awesome tuning tools, but there is more to tuning than a fixed gear pull on a dyno, how the car does with WOT shifts is  key issue on these cars.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.