• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

1000hp di fuel needs?

Started by Gjkrisa, March 29, 2017, 12:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gjkrisa

So I'm reading over again engine management advanced tuning and ran Into how to calculate fuel needs for hp
Does anyone know a good estimate of how much more fun is needed in di.

And some other pictures I thought were good.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Great read even if for a ls engine. http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/engines-drivetrain/1505-direct-gasoline-injection-is-here-time-to-get-familiar/
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

StealBlueSho

New pumps look to flow ~60% more than stockers if you get the bigger of the two new ones....

LMS claims 400 whp with their current top tune with bolt ons with current fueling...

So in theory with 60% more fuel you can hit 640 whpish...which is around 800 chpish... with 25% drive train loss...

Rockstar04

Sorry for the thread-jack/off topic post BUT... That last screenshot is talking about Injector Dynamics, if anyone ever needs a product that they offer I highly recommend them. Their customer service is unrivaled, and the quality of the products they provide unmatched.
2016 Explorer Sport - Bone Stock

Gjkrisa

Yes injector Dynamics are great best way to get your Injectors if you are needing to change them out because they will match a full set up so that they all work almost identical so you get the most performance and drivability.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Need I say... LMS and other vendors such a EPP has stated that once you get over 450 whp these engines become high stressed.

While soon we will have more fuel to crank up the powah the drivetrain limitations are going to become more an issue...

I suspect by the time you max out the stock injectors you will be looking a major upgrades to continue on safely...

mrhighcaliber

Quote from: StealBlueSho on March 29, 2017, 07:06:20 AM
New pumps look to flow ~60% more than stockers if you get the bigger of the two new ones....

LMS claims 400 whp with their current top tune with bolt ons with current fueling...

So in theory with 60% more fuel you can hit 640 whpish...which is around 800 chpish... with 25% drive train loss...
Does that 400whp est include meth and cat back exhaust?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Typically meth, yes, along with downpipes.  You can eke out some more if you do the entire intake/exhaust.  Only Livernois can say how much that would add.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Bah, I have an email from them stating with CAI, DPs, Exhaust, Plugs, Thermostats, and their 4+x race tune I should be putting down 397/402... no meth...

SHOdded

Race tune .. with race warranty, LOL.  Which exhaust btw?  It will be interesting to see how it works with meth, now that bamsho has it installed.  450 whp?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on March 29, 2017, 08:10:51 PM
Race tune .. with race warranty, LOL.  Which exhaust btw?  It will be interesting to see how it works with meth, now that bamsho has it installed.  450 whp?
How what works with meth?

SHOdded

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on March 30, 2017, 12:21:54 AM
The race tune.

LMS has a separate tune for meth called stage 5.

bamsho

I ran my race tune file just to make sure the meth setup was working correctly.  It was the most aggressive tune I had.  Just got my new tune files, will upload them later today.  I got 93 V8 Meth and 93 V10 Meth.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

SHOdded

Looking fwd to results, Brian.  Any chance you will have your SHO on the dyno with the latest setup/hottest tune?