• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Megan Coilovers installed on Flex... Thoughts and pics

Started by svt54, March 21, 2017, 06:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

svt54

So I installed my Megan coilovers last night. So far I love them. I set the fron all the way down. The rear is set at about 1 1/16 inch up. The rear definitely will go lower than the front if you put them both all the way down. The ride is better than I expected. I came from stock suspension, and it rides about as good as it did before.

If you set the dampening too hard, it still rides good, but gets more harsh and you feel every like bump, overpass transition, or anything else. If you set it too soft all of that goes away, but it gets rough on bigger bumps, potholes, etc. Right now I have the front at 11 clicks from full hard, and the rear at 9 clicks from full hard (The new sets are 15 way adjustable, instead of 32 way). I am pretty happy with this, but will be toying with it some more. For the track, I will be turning the stiffness up in the rear.

Here are a few pics...

Before:

After:

And next to the wife's stock Flex for comparison:

2010 Flex Ecoboost - Tuned by Torrie / 3 bar MAP / NGK plugs / EPP hard pipes w/ Tial BOV / Megan Coilovers
2015 Flex non EB - the wife's

Sabtaj1

13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

firewater88

Quote from: svt54 on March 21, 2017, 06:27:38 PM
So I installed my Megan coilovers last night. So far I love them. I set the fron all the way down. The rear is set at about 1 1/16 inch up. The rear definitely will go lower than the front if you put them both all the way down. The ride is better than I expected. I came from stock suspension, and it rides about as good as it did before.

If you set the dampening too hard, it still rides good, but gets more harsh and you feel every like bump, overpass transition, or anything else. If you set it too soft all of that goes away, but it gets rough on bigger bumps, potholes, etc. Right now I have the front at 11 clicks from full hard, and the rear at 9 clicks from full hard (The new sets are 15 way adjustable, instead of 32 way). I am pretty happy with this, but will be toying with it some more. For the track, I will be turning the stiffness up in the rear.

Thanks for these settings! Been trying to find a combo that wasn't such a harsh ride. This is doing it for now. I was about ready to go back to stock struts/shocks on Eibachs or HRs...
Sorry to revive an old thread, but this was the only one with decent coilover settings I could find under search.
2011 Flex Titanium EB
Retired- 1992 SHO

bpd1151

Looks great, and I myself, am pretty fond of the color scheme you're rock's.

Enjoy those Megan's. I know I've enjoyed mine.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk