• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Methanol install for 2013 Exp Sport: TB Spacer and Location for Extra Tank?

Started by JimBob_SF, March 21, 2017, 11:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBob_SF

I'm hoping for some guidance.  I'm putting in a Methanol kit to simply put some cleaner on the intake valves and bump the octane just a bit.  I have two questions:

1. Anyone know of a throttle body spacer that can be tapped for an injector?  I found one mention that one from at 2010-2015 Mustang will fit (don't know).

2. I've been searching for a good place to put a remote Methanol tank.  Anyone have any pointers/pictures of where one can sit?

I'm also putting in a catch can, so I'll have the nose off to do that.  Many thanks in advance!

hawkeye93

I doubt the Mustang TB spacer will work.  I believe the Mustang 3.7 uses the same TB as the F150 3.5.  I tried using a Snow injection plate for the F150, but I found that the F150 TB has different bolt spacing than the transverse 3.5 (SHO/Flex/ExSport). 

Don't have a good answer for you on the meth tank, either.  I'm using a ProMeth tank in the trunk of my SHO.
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

derfdog15

You may be able to get a custom aluminum pipe to go from throttlebody to intercooler, and add your nozzle there? or carefully place on in the OEM plastic?

You most likely will need to do a trunk mount tank, or some custom work, based on the SHO installs I have seen.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car