• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What is this sound?

Started by jbeez, April 28, 2017, 07:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbeez

Dealership saying monday maybe now.... they ordered all the parts for the job that the system told them to, but apparently they didn't get everything they need. He mentioned some hardware parts and an inline oil filter for the turbo? I didn't know there was one...
2014 PP SHO Darkside Metallic
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas

ZSHO

Quote from: jbeez on May 12, 2017, 03:36:23 PM
Dealership saying monday maybe now.... they ordered all the parts for the job that the system told them to, but apparently they didn't get everything they need. He mentioned some hardware parts and an inline oil filter for the turbo? I didn't know there was one...
The Turbocharger oil supply tube has a filter and sealing washer. IIRC. Z
Recall on 16+ For reference. Z

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JUL90DXgdiWTA0NE1UUG83Q0ExVVc5U1ZEaXUtbXpJTzBr/view

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BlueSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on May 12, 2017, 03:52:26 PM
Quote from: jbeez on May 12, 2017, 03:36:23 PM
The Turbocharger oil supply tube has a filter and sealing washer. IIRC. Z
Recall on 16+ For reference. Z

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JUL90DXgdiWTA0NE1UUG83Q0ExVVc5U1ZEaXUtbXpJTzBr/view
Well that sucks. I wonder what the affected build dates are. (fingers crossed)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

jbeez

Just got the car back yesterday, they replaced the turbo, charged me diagnostic fee for the noise and maintain that it was caused by the freyed flex connector coupler in the exhaust even though its not making that noise anymore....

Goto exhaust shop this morning to get that coupler replaced and they told me I'd be better off not replacing it since its not leaking at all, and it could last longer than what they would put in there to fix it considering OEM is stainless and his replacement parts aren't.  Sounds like even more of a reason to get downpipes IMO.

Only issue I seem to have is when the car starts and idles for a few minutes to heat the o2s, when it actually cuts over to closed loop it seems to maybe stumble a little or hesitate but after a few seconds its back in business, drives fine from what I can tell.
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas

SHOdded

Actually, it should enter closed loop within 30 seconds of startup.   No need to idle it that long.   Just no heavy throttle at least till engine warms up.  Any codes?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jbeez

No codes, it could be 30 sec I didn't time it but can check tomorrow for exact timing. At least it's repeatable

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk