• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Painting roof black

Started by Chris_Flex, March 13, 2017, 11:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris_Flex

Has anyone had there roof pained black? How much was it? Was thinking maybe going a cheaper route and getting it wrapped

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

Quinid

I know this is an old post. My wife and I are looking to buy a blue Flex with a black top and we really wanted a white top. Someone else has suggested a wrap or plasti-dip. Has anyone done this?
2014 Blue Flex 303A Appearance package all stock
2000 F250 XLT 7.3L 410k miles
SOLD--2010 nonPP SHO  Unleashed 93 tune, 3 bar map, K&N drop in filter. PPE Catted Downpipes. VTA mod
1957 Chevy 3200 pickup 3 speed stock straight 6
1968 Camaro RS 3 speed 350 sb with vortec heads.

bpd1151

Depends on your plans with the vehicle.

If it's a long term keeper, then paint it. Best route to go, and also provides the best appearance and durability. Especially with how hot the roof is known to get.

If you don't anticipate keeping it all that long, or you anticipate reverting back to the stock look, then wrap it. Reasonably priced, decent appearance overall. Durability is reasonable overall.

I've never been a fan of the Plasti-dip. It is by far the cheapest route to go. But it also looks cheap too. It's durability is questionable too.

I had my SHO's roof painted gloss black many years ago. Still looks phenomenal.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I had a black wrap installed on my car last week.It's 2010 MKS with the panoramic roof.The glass and the wrap go well together and it looks factory.It was $350 Canadian which is $250 US.I'll try and post a pic later.

Quinid

Hey thank you guys. Yes my wife tends to keep her cars until they go kaput. I would be very interested in seeing that wrap to help me decide. I don't know why, I just think the white or even a silver top looks better than the black top with the blue.
2014 Blue Flex 303A Appearance package all stock
2000 F250 XLT 7.3L 410k miles
SOLD--2010 nonPP SHO  Unleashed 93 tune, 3 bar map, K&N drop in filter. PPE Catted Downpipes. VTA mod
1957 Chevy 3200 pickup 3 speed stock straight 6
1968 Camaro RS 3 speed 350 sb with vortec heads.